Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Stitched HI - Inked 3D embossing folder

 Hi everyone! I've really been enjoying the new 3D embossing folder collection from Spellbinders June release. My card today pairs the Beautiful Blooms folder and the new Stitched HI die set.

Products used on this card:
Be Bold Blooms die set (largest accent flower and leaves)
Wreath Builder die set (smallest accent flower)
Minted ink from Catherine Pooler 
Cardstock: SU Berry Burst; Spellbinders Silver Fox, Graphite, Snowdrift; Gink K Designs Bubblegum Pink 
Embroidery Floss (see below for details and links)

 I used 3 colors of pink/berry colored embroidery floss and stitched them in an ombre progression light to dark, top to bottom.
Awhile back I was deciding between buying less expensive mid-grade floss or the more expensive premium DMC floss. I ended up getting the mid-grade floss off Amazon and while it's not as smooth as DMC, the color selection can't be beat and it's VERY usable. I purchased this set from the brand Inscraft and since half came pre-wrapped on bobbins (a total bonus!), I bought these bobbin cards to wrap the rest.
 
To get that soft mint look in the background, I inked the folder on the floral RECESSED side. If you're unsure which side to ink, run your hand along the inside and ink the side that does NOT have the floral parts raised. Here is a close up of the inked panel.
TIP: give your cardstock a light spritz with water before embossing. The 3D folders stretch the cardstock fibers more than the normal folders and this will reduce the amount of cracking.

If you want to see a video of the card closeup, head over to my Instagram page and check out my reel! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.