Sunday, July 7, 2019

Water coloring with Distress Inks

Hi everyone!  I have a quick and easy coffee card to share today.  Full confession, I bought a fancy water color palette, and I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm intimidated by it! Honestly, I open it up and unless the exact color in the palettes are exactly what I want, I'm a bit lost.
SO... I'm in the process of starting an online water color class to help me with mixing colors and learn the basics.
But in the meantime, using  distress inks is a super easy way to water color images.
OK, this is nothing new and I've even done this before, but I need to remember it more often! Just tap your ink pad on a solid surface and spritz with water. Dip your brush and start coloring.
For my card, I stamped the coffee word cloud sentiment on water color paper twice using my mini Misti, wet my piece of water color paper, then dropped (painted) in some of the ink.
After it dried, I die cut it into my cup shape, moving the die around until I got the perfect pattern of colors.
The stamp and die set is called A Cup of Java  and I used the smaller of the 2 java cup sizes on this card. I just LOVE that I found Prima flower in my stash that coordinates perfectly. I pulled off the center pearl that came with it and put in a yellow rhinestone instead. The black flourishes under the flower are actually made from the steam die in the Java die set!

Here's a close up picture. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Other supplies used:
Distress ink in Worn Lipstick, Peacock feathers, Spiced marmalade
Prima Bloom Freshly Picked flowers
Kaisercraft Paisley Days paper pad
May Arts White Twill ribbon
Spellbinders Circle dies
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Number 8 water brush
water color paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.