Sunday, March 10, 2019

Coneflower and butterfly card

Hi everyone! I have a simple and brightly colored coneflower card to share today. The flower is from the Thank You for Caring Coneflower stamp and die set from Stamp Simply Clear Stamps and the sentiment and butterfly are from the Painted Butterflies stamp and die set by Altenew.
I admit, I was not familiar with coneflowers and had to google them to see what colors they were. Imagine my surprise to find out it's echinacea! My family and I swear by echinacea to help with our colds, so it made me love this set even more!! I colored everything with my copic markers and added Stickles to the petals for a bit of sparkle.
I originally colored my butterfly a bright yellow, but after I went in the direction of pale gray cardstock with the black dotted paper it was too much contrast. So I colored another one to match the flower and I think it turned out so pretty all matchy-matchy.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Other supplies used:
Buttons from my grandmas tin
Simple Stories Always & Forever 6x8 paper (on sale)
May Arts burlap twine in natural
White embossing powder
Stickles
Copic markers
Corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.