Friday, October 30, 2015

Trick or Treat box

Hi everyone!  Today I have a fun Halloween treat box to share.  I made this from from FSJ's Popcorn Box and before I assembled it I die cut 2 small bats from the Which, Witch die set and lined the openings with a Clearview sheet (acetate).  Depending on what you put inside the box you could skip the clearview sheets as the bats opening are not that large.
I had some fun with the banner part, I just stamped a skull image on circle pieces and adhered them to some Journey thread.  You could make this banner as simple or elaborate as you want.

Soooooo, my boys are now 10 and 11 and reached the stage where they prefer to just have masks as costumes.  Gone are the days of the full head to toe costumes (I miss those cute ninjas...).  Bright side, easier and cheaper for me!  So Ryan, my youngest, chose a "Smilie" emoticon mask (yeah, that's a thing) and Daniel got a Minecraft Creeper head.

As for my costume?  Well, it's going to be POURING RAIN here, so for the first time I'm staying behind and answering the door to the trick or treaters.  I'll be wearing a funky witch hat complete with dangling black spiders and face make up to match.  And I did a fun and easy Halloween manicure.
Side note,  we get a TON of kids to the door and we usually run out of candy, so this year I bought 8 pounds!  Whereas my mom gets no trick or treaters.  What about you?  Do you live in a busy neighborhood?  How many pounds of candy do you pass out?
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Halloween!!  Here's a close up pic.
All supplies are Fun Stampers Journey 
Stamps, punches and dies: 
Trick or Treat Stamp Set SS-0084
Journey Circles Die Set DI-0039
Which, Witch Die Set DI-0069
Popcorn Box Die Set DI-0056
Cardstock and Inks: 
Black Licorice Cardstock CS-0003
Whip Cream Cardstock CS-0040
Treat Time Prints PP-0016
Clearview Sheets CS-0121
Black Licorice Ink IP-0041
Lemon Drop Ink IP-0043
Accessories:
Cut Rhinestones AC-0023
Black Licorice Thread AC-0129

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Adorable treat box, I love those candy pumpkins!! We don't get a whole lot of trick or treaters, we go through maybe two large bags of candy. Cute nails too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute treat box and your nails look so cute. I dont get too many trick or treaters, if 12 show up thats pretty good so dont buy much candy or I would eat it myself, bad. Its rainy here today off and on so am not sure what to expect, we will see.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.