Monday, December 1, 2014

You're perfect in my book

Hi everyone!  Today's card uses supplies from a new card kit that I subscribe to from Simon Says Stamps.  I was in a rut with my stamps and thought it would be fun to subscribe to a monthly card kit to play with stamps and embellishments that are new to me.  Honestly, I wasn't very inspired with the stamp set in my first kit, but (to justify the cost) I've challenged myself to make 2 cards with EACH kit, so here is my first one.
 The stamp set is called To Thine own Shelf which features a variety of books and shelf images.  The images are small in scale, so I made my card a 4" square.  I used a couple Spellbinders die sets to add some geometric interest and frame my stamped book shelf ensemble.

Rounded Squares set of 7:
Card Deets:   
Spellbinders Dies: S4-408 Rounded Squares, S4-136 Classic Hearts and S5-219 A2 Modern Stationery  Nestabilities® 
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp, To Thine Own Shelf
Ink: all inks used from Gina K Designs Color Companions
Other Supplies: Cream cardstock; October Afternoon Public Library 8x8 paper pad
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares   
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders dies at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ive never done any stamp kits, guess they intimidate me. I think the books on the shelf are cute stamps. Sometimes seeing so many cards and videos put me in a tither on what to make, like overload and no decision on anything definate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that kit and you totally rocked that stamp set!! Love the design!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.