Sunday, August 31, 2014

Sage flower pot card

Hi everyone!  Today's card uses one of the 3 new herb pot dies and this one is Sage.  For the sage sprigs, I die cut them in green and then cut the extra "blooms" in a lavender cardstock and adhered them on top.  I didn't realize that Sage blooms were lavender, but thanks to Google, I know now!
To decorate my flower pot, I hand cut out a flower from the pattern paper, and for some texture I stapled a piece of Faux Canvas ribbon.  This card ended up being one of my mix-y match-y cards.  I had a lot of fun with this one.
Here is what the die set looks like, it is a set of 6:
How cute, right!?!  It also comes in Lavender and Basil.  I used a couple other basic die shapes as my matting pieces, Rectangles LG and A2 Curve Matting Basics B (which has to be one of my favorites - I love the rounded corners!)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.  Here is a close up of the die cut details.
Card Deets:  
Spellbinder dies: S2-087 Sage Shapeabilities®, S5-172 A2 Curve Matting Basics B and S4-132 Classic Rectangles LG Nestabilities® 
Paper: White cardstock; My Mind's Eye Market Street "Ashbury Heights" 6x6 paper pad
Embellishments - Faux Canvas ribbon in Salmon; My Mind's Eye, Cut and Paste tiny words stickers; 2mm lavender pearls; Stickles in Stardust
Adhesive - Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders Die Templates at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This card is just so "fresh." TFS! <3Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Michelle. I actually have this die and havent used it yet so I will definately have to pull it out and put it to use. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.