Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sparks challenge Hexagon card

Hi everyone!  I have a fun card for this week's Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge.  The theme is Anything Goes which made it easy to play along!
 
My card uses the Paper Smooches stamp set, Bitty Bungalows.  I think the little houses and accent images in this set are super cute, I had a hard time chosing which one to use!  I also had some fun with my Hexagon dies, using my die #3 to die cut shape and emboss it's shape into the cardstock base.  For a mini tutorial of how this is done, you can see my post here.
I kept this pretty simple and just accented with a little Blooms One flower I already had made in my stash (love that!) and some gold glitter dots.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!  Here's a close up of the embossing detail.
Card Deets:  
Spellbinder dies:
S4-368 Hexagons Nestabilities®, S2-044 Blooms One Shapeabilities®
 
Stamps: Paper Smooches, Bitty Bungalows  
Paper: Bazzill Paper Basics, Marshmallow Card Shoppe cardstock; misc pattern paper for flower 
Ink: Tsukineko, Memento Tuxedo Black 
Other: Divine Twine, Cotton Candy baker's twine; S.E.I.,Gold glitter dots; Copic markers 
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I just love the layout of your card, the embossed hexagons are a great backdrop. I really need to add this stamp set to my collection... what a fab sentiment for a card :0)
    Thanks for playing along with the 'Anything Goes' challenge at PS Sparks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the cutest cards Michele. That little house inside the hexagon is so cute and the embossed background really is a pretty addition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that sweet little bird house with the perfect sentiment. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.