Monday, June 23, 2014

1 embossing folder, 2 looks

Hi everyone!  I have a couple of note cards that use either side of the same M-Bossibilities folder.  That's what's unique to Spellbinders' folders, they are double sided!  Yep, you just flip them inside out and there is another pattern.  When I first tried these, I was convinced they would snap apart and tear at the seam, but they don't -honest!!  lol!

My cards use the Simplicity folder which is one of the smaller folders that measures 4.25" x 5.5" and as the name states, has a simple pattern on both the A and B sides.
I lightly inked the folder before embossing my white cardstock.  I could have actually gotten FOUR different looks by inking the other side of the pattern, but alas I had a hair appointment today so I only had time to make two.

My cards measure 5"x3.5" and first up is a card using the "A" side.  I used a mint color ink and embellished with some of my neglected wood veneer stars.  The ink is kind of hard to see in the photo, but it is recessed in the little diamond pattern.
 Next is my card using the B side.  This time I inked it with a pale aqua ink and for this one, I dug deep in my stash and used a couple of stick pins that I seriously haven't used in probably 2 years!  Feels good to use some of these up.  My sentiment "hello" is the leftover piece from yesterday's card where I only used the "friend" portion of the die.  They were doubled up 4 layers deep, giving it some dimension.  Still on the fense about that look, my first card uses only 1 layer and I think I like that better.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Card Deets:  
Spellbinder dies: IN-037 Celebration Two and S2-082 Sentiments One Shapeabilities®, S4-114 Standard Circles LG and S4-116 Standard Circles SM Nestabilities®, ES-001 Simplicity M-bossibilities® 
Paper: Bazzill Paper Basics, Marshmallow, Black Licorice, Robin's Eggs and Fresh Mints Card Shoppe cardstock 
Ink: Amuse Studios, Bermuda; Avery Elle, Mint To Be 
Embellishments: May Arts Baker's Twine in Seafoam and Celery; MME stick pins; Studio Calico wood veneer stars 
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares 
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders Die Templates at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. 

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous, Michelle!

    Papertrey Ink also have double sided embossing folders too, but they call them plates. I don't find they emboss as well as Spellbinders though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are very pretty, and a great idea to have a two-in-one embossing folder. I like the sentiment done both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both ways also. I love the double sided folders too, takes up less space at the same time. Both cards are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic idea and beautiful cards. TFS! <Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I really love the clean colour scheme and the stick pins add an elegant touch :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.