Monday, October 22, 2012

Paper Christmas ornament

Hi everyone!  I have a fun 3-D ornament to share today using Spellbinders dies.
**UPDATE: This 10 year old post is getting traction. This die set has long been discontinued!
You can find currently sold Ornament die sets HERE.
My project uses the new 2012 Heirloom Ornament dies and it was pretty easy to make.  To make the outer "ring" part, I nested and cut two Heirloom Ornaments dies - die #5 and die #4 (die #1 being the smallest). I then folded each in the middle and then adhered one side to another until it made the whole ornament -the outer ornament uses 6 pieces.
The center ornament was made the same way and also uses 6 pieces.  To decorate it, I die cut glitter cardstock with Create A Flake Four snowflake dies, cut them randomly and adhered.  I also added a bead of stickles along each outer ornament "ring" for extra sparkle.

I don't have any step shots of this ornament, but I took some from a similar project that shows how it's done.  These pictures are from an ornament that I used on a scrapbook page, so it was flat on the back and not circular like above, but you get the idea.

First you score the ornament in half.
 Then you assemble assemble how many you want together and glue the sides together.
 After gluing the sides together, you can decorate any way you want.  On the ornament above, I randomly placed snowflakes and trimmed off the excess.
 After you decorate your hat pin the way you want, you can adhere it to the inside of the ornament by wrapping it with Scor-Tape and squeezing it tightly.
Check out the Spellbinders 2023 Black Friday Deals! They include several holiday die sets!!

**UPDATE: This 10 year old post is getting traction. This die set has long been discontinued!
You can find currently sold Ornament die sets HERE
I hope these gave you a visual on how to make these.  They are pretty easy to make and you can make new ones every time you change the color scheme of your tree!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!!

6 comments:

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.