Thursday, May 3, 2012

Retro Sketches -roses and washi tape

Hi everyone!  I took a little time last weekend to play along with a new-to-me sketch challenge blog.  It's called Retro Sketches.  I have seen some of my blogging buddies play along with these before and this week's sketch called out to me.  I received a new order of Washi Tape (yeah, MORE!) and had to bust them out and play!
My card uses the Spellbinders Rose Creations die templates, Washi Tape from Chickydoodle and accents from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
See the flower made from the matching Washi Tape?  To make that, I covered some cardstock with the tape and die cut it.  Works perfect if you want a matching layer with your tape!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!  Here is a close up picture.

Card deets:
Stamps - Pleasant Plurals (Gina K Designs)
Cardstock - AMuse
Accessories - Washi Tape (Chickydoodle), Green pearls and bakers Twine (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), stickles

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch and fun washi tape :) Loving the pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card. Great idea with the washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! I'm so glad you found us over at RetroSketches! Your card really reminds me of Spring! The colors are wonderful!!! Love your Washi Tape idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card! I love these flowers. Thanks for your tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I'm loving that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your idea of putting washi on cs and then cutting out flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did GOOD! Like the project!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.