Thursday, January 19, 2012

Whimsical cakes make me happy

Hi everyone!!  I have another sketch challenge card to share.  This one uses the January Sketch For You to Try.  Jen always has such great sketches, I hope to play along more this year!

My card uses the new Topsy Turvy Cakes set.  I LOVE the whimsical cakes and extra doodads in this set -they're just my style!  It is a departure from JustRite's normal stamp sets and I am lovin' it!!  The fun paper is from MME "Everyday Flair" Six by Six collection.  See how I stamped the matching little flower at the bottom of the long panel?  Cute!!
  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  I'll leave you with a close up picture.
Card Deets:
Stamps - Topsy Turvy Cakes (JustRite Stampers)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock - Terracotta Tile, Pure Luxury White
Pattern Paper - Six by Six Collection, "Everyday Flair" (My Mind's Eye)
Accessories - Spellbinders Standard Circles LG and SM and Standard Rectangles LG Nestabilities, White wrinkled ribbon, button, Pink rhinestones (Kaisercraft), copic markers

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Can I claim this as my birthday cake :) Wonderfully coloured and love the DPs. Hoping you didn't get the freezing rain Seattle got after all that snow...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUST DARLING! So refreshing -- LOVE those papers and that wonderfully fun cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle! This is my kind of card! Love the fun whimsical birthday cake and all the pretty colors. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a charming card, Michelle! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Michelle, I love your card. . .I love that stamp set. . .I have it just haven't stamped it yet, I can't wait to use it!!! Whom ever gets this will just love it!!!
    Enjoy your winter weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this card - so fun! Beautiful work my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful, so fun! that cake is really just darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOW CUTE IS THIS!!! Love the colours of your cake and the funky design!! Also love how you did the flowers at the bottom of the other panel! COOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card, that cake is adorable!! (I linked you today, hope all is well since you haven't posted in awhile, hugs!)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.