Friday, January 14, 2011

Verve Love Note cards

Hi everyone!!  I have a couple cards to share today using the totally cute new Verve stamps set, Love Notes and matching Jotted Heart Die!  Totally. Love. This set. And die!  Yep, Julee designed an amazing release this month, be sure to check them all out here!

My cards follow the same layout and use the new Bo Bunny 6x6 pad, Crush.  I love the traditional colors in this pad - pinks, red, white and black.  SO CRISP!  I have had the Large scalloped square Nestabilities for some time now and I finally got around to making these cutie scalloped shaped cards.  Just love.
And here is the second card.  Confession: I have an aversion to black ribbon.  There.  I said it.  Black ribbon makes me think of sympathy cards and I have such trouble using it on other type cards.  But, it's soooo pretty, I forced myself to use it here and I think it works with the bright pink button in the center!!
Sigh, aren't the sentiments in this set totally CUTE?!?  I mean HUGS?  Yippeee!  Oh, and you may have noticed that the heart image has both red and black ink on it.  I wanted the black for the outline (to tie in with the black card base), but wanted something softer for the inner lines.  Here is how I did it: 

First, I inked the entire stamp in red.  Next I took a baby wipe and carefully wiped off the red ink from the heart outline.
Then I took my black ink spot (this size is easier to handle), and inked the heart border.  I wasn't concerned if a bit of the inner dotted lines got some black on it, I thought looked cool that way.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  I will leave you with some close up pictures.
Card Deets:
Stamps - Love Notes (Verve Stamps)
Ink - Black, Real Red, Regal Rose (SU!)
Cardstock - Pure Luxury Black and White (Gina K Designs)
Pattern Paper -  Bo Bunny Crush 6x6 pad (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
Accessories - A Cut Above Jotted heart die (Verve Stamps), Large scalloped and classic square nesties (Gina K Designs), black wrinkled ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), buttons and black Kaiser pearls (Pink hedgehog Papercrafts), Swiss Dots EF, White floss (DMC), stick pins from craft supply
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, loving those papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle! These are SO CUTE!! LOVE that new paper, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE girlie and great tut...thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cute and fabulous, Michelle! I love the dp choice! This stamp set is so on my must have lists, too! Awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun DPs :) Love how you made a heart from the bird DP on the first card. I LOVE using black ribbon on things so I'll make up for your lack on not liking to LOL! Love how you used the red with the black on the heart and the large scalloped square card is wonderful. Two fabulous creations, Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are gorgeous girl, I luv the scalloped square shape.....the black ribbon is fabulous....the pins, they are both soooo yummy...{{{hugs}}}

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!!! Love the pins in the first card, they just add that extra little something to a card.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling cards, Michelle! I chuckle about your black ribbon comment. I like black ribbon, and I'm not sure I have EVER used it on a sympathy card -- LOL!!! My sympathy cards tend towards blues and ivories usually -- LOL!!! Fun to hear thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So striking, girl! Love how you did the black outline on the stamp! And the patterned paper heart die-cuts look fantastic mixed with the stamped hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. both are STUNNING!!! I know what you mean about black ribbon...but sometimes it really does work :) Love the pins and that "hugs" so reminds me of you!! Have a fabulous weekend :) HUGS!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are so cute!
    The hearts are lovely shaped, great die.
    I love how you used both red and black for the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww these are so cute girl! Love those patterned papers too :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.