Thursday, April 8, 2010

Double challenge birthday cake

Hi everyone!  As soon as I saw Sharon's post about her guesting for a new challenge called, The Shabby Tea Room, I knew I had to play along!!

It is a new challenge with what looks to be like some amazing Shabby Chic inspiration going on!  This week's challenge is called, "Embrace the White" -which is to use white with one other color.  I chose to use a light orange for my card because I just HAD to use this lovely piece of paper from Basic Grey's, Green at Heart pad!  I also used some dreamy 1" satin ribbon (from Sharon's store), some Sweet Blossoms from Zva Creative and Verve's amazing birthday cake from Big Wish

The sketch is from this week's JUGS27 challenge. I finally got to use my fancy dancy new large scallop edge punch.  Which was a perfect match for this sketch!

So, did you notice my picture?  I jumped on the Flower Frog bandwagon to prop my card on for pictures.  Not sure how I like it.  The "prongs" are metal and leave gray marks on my test papers -I am afraid they will ruin the bottom of my card!  Any tips on cleaning them? 

Well, thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Big Wish (Verve)
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - White, Green at Heart (Basic Grey)
Accessories - Square and circle nesties, white satin ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon store), sweet blossoms (Zva Creative), Champagne pearls (Kaisercraft), Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success), Copic markers in YR01, YR02, YR82, Y23, W1
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous DP, Michelle and I love how you framed the focal image and added flowers to the cake. Great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so, so pretty! I really love the light orange and white color combo you chose, and the detailing is beautiful. Gorgeous scalloped edging. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THUD!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! Love your colors and the elegant cake with the pretty flowers on teyh side. The white on white is a nice touch and so is that beautiful bow! You know I'm a sucker for pretty bows ;]

    I'm so sorry you missed the deadline :[ Hope your son is okay...family is way more important!

    Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope to see you again tomorrow for our technique challenge :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so pretty! I {heart} that beautiful satin ribbon and the scalloped punch and pearls add the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week. I hope you can come back on Monday to give the next challenge a try too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! Great use of the sketch.
    For the frog, use a toothbrush and some Tarnex. And, you could spray the prongs with some clear sealer to keep the metal from getting on your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle this is wonderful. First cute little cake, love the flowers you added to it. The ribbon, layout and colors are all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Sketch and your card is wonderful. Love the little roses and that gorgeous bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cleanness and colors of this! These flowers are pretty too, so cute and perfect,but I meant to say bummer about the die cut flowers in your prior awesome card :) I'll just have to keep checking back for the punch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply stunning! I'm SOOOOO into orange lately, and this is just dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous cake! And I LOVE that scallop and paper color!!! FAB project!!! Pretty little flowers, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.