Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 challenge cards using Verve sneak peeks

Hi everyone!  I have a couple challenge cards to share and both are sneak peeks of Verve's new stamps!!  Have you checked out the Verve Blog for all the spotlights and chances to win some Verve stamps?

My first card is for the SCS sketch challenge, SC277.  I love this layout!  My card is a sneak peek for two Verve sets being released tomorrow (4/23), Relax and Dude

The pattern paper is My Mind's Eye, Breaking Free -I still have 2 Accessory Kits with this paper available.  And the striped grosgrain ribbon and burlap string are from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

My next card is for this week's The Shabby Tea Room challenge.  It is a sketch challenge based on this inspiration photo.  My card gives you another peek at the new set, Blessings.  I used pattern paper from Pink Paislee 365 Degrees, and the amazing May Arts crocheted ribbon is from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  I am kinda new to this challenge blog, does anyone know if you have to make a "shabby chic" card to play along?  I wasn't sure, so I made mine a bit "shabby" just in case.

And, BONUS!  I remembered to bust out my new Beautiful Bloom dies from PTI!!  Do you ever buy something you HAD to have, use them once and promptly put them away never to be used again?  Yeah, guilty as charged!  So, I am making an effort to USE my new stuff.  Sigh... anyway, the flower blossom is topped of by an amazing Zva Creative Sweet Blossom. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check back tomorrow as it's the last day of Verve's sneak peeks and the RELEASE PARTY!!  It's tomorrow night at 6pm PST.  Hope to see you there!!

Card Deets (SC277):
Stamps - Relax and Dude
Ink - Black
Paper - Vintage Cream, MME Breaking Free
Accessories - 1.5" grosgrain ribbon, button and orange rhinestones (Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts), Upper Crest border punch (EK Success) 




Card Deets (Shabby):
Stamps - Blessings
Ink - Chocolate Chip
Paper - Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream (PTI), 365 Degrees 6x6 pad (Pink Paislee)
Accessories - Crocheted lace (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Silver cord and Denim rhinestones (Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts), scalloped border punch (SU!), Beautiful Blossom Dies #1 (PTI)

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS design, Michelle! To answer your question, this week all we asked was that everyone make a project based on the sketch. If the challenge doesn't specifically say to make something shabby, then you certainly don't have to! As long as you follow the weekly challenge guidelines as close as you can, that's all we can ask! We love seeing everyone's take on the challenges! Thanks for joining us in the Tea Room this week and I look forward to seeing some more of your lovely work on Monday for our new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love the surf boards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous card, Michelle. So different and so well done :D Love the Hawaiian DP for the top one and your flower is fabulous on the second (those dies are on my wish list!). Looking forward to seeing what you come up with at the release tomorrow, though I may have to read the thread after the party as we have the school's Spring Carnival tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, yes,that's a great sketch :) Gorgeous cards...love the shabby chic one...the PTI dies are great, aren't they? I had to get all 3 sets of them AND the stamp set ;) Love the flower treatment on the second one and the fabulous ribbon and paper on the first. Can't wait to see the new releases....I'm pretending Julee made the Blessings set for me, being a St. Patrick's Day baby and all LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love that patterned paper. Thanks for playing along with us at The Shabby Tea Room! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Michelle!!! The first one is so fun and bright :) the second one is so elegant...love your take on the sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool guy card, and beautiful thinking of you card. Great sneaks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dudette - these are way cool!! :) That first one is just awesome! Love the touches of bling and of course the button!! As for the second - SIGH - girlie, it's just GORGEOUS!!! LOVE how you did that flower!!!! Hmmm...might have to get that die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two darling cards! Love the fun ribbon treatment on the first and you KNOW I LOVE the 2nd -- GREAT card for the Shabby Tea Room Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle! Your cards are gorgeous! really gorgeous! I love the fun Dude card with the surfboards, and your Shabby Tea Room card is stunning. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Tea Room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two fab cards - I want to go on holiday now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards! You sure shabbied up that Tea Room card. Perfect..in my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.