Thursday, December 3, 2009

Stampin' Simple Tags

Hi everyone! Surprise! I am this month's guest designer for Sharon's Stamp Simply challenges! Those of you who know me, know my love and admiration for Sharon. She was one of my first SCS stamping friends and has been my inspiration since the day I started stamping.

For those of you who are an SCS Fan Club member, you may remember my very last upload as a Dirty Girl last October? I made two cards with a simple elegant feel and dedicated them to Sharon. You can find my upload here -note, you must be a Fan Club member to access the Dirty Dozen Gallery. So... when Sharon emailed and asked me if I wanted to be her guest designer this month, I couldn't say YES fast enough!!

This week's challenge is to make TAGS! Fun little things that you can hang on a gift or bag to bring some handmade loveliness to the receipient. Remember, keep it simple!!

I made a couple of Christmas tags. I started by using the largest Labels Four nestability die and trimming the bottom off. At that point, I felt it was a bit too wide for the length, so I trimmed off each side and rounded the bottom corners.

I then stamped the cutie pie tree from the {ippity} Stamps Kissmas & Mistletoe set, colored it with copics and cut it out. I used some scraps of Bella Blvd December Details pattern paper and lots of Zva Creative rhinestones . I tied the tops with wired silver cord (from Michael's) and put a silver flower sequin with a rhinestone in the center.

I guess if you wanted to mass produce these, you could eliminate all the rhinestones, it would be much quicker and just as cute.

If you play along, be sure to use keyword SSNOTIME116 when you upload. Be sure to stop by the team's blogs to see all their tags!

Sharon, herself

Please bear with us all as we each upload and link on Thursday night. Everyone should be up and set by Friday morning.


Thanks for stopping by! I look forward to showing you more Stamp Simply projects this month!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Kissmas & Mistletoe {ippity}
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Paper - White, Wasabi, Raspberry Fizz, December Details pattern paper
Accessories - 6mm metallic cupped flower silver sequins, ribbon scraps, scallop border punch (SU!), Zva Creative rhinestones, copic markers, labels four nesties, wired silver cord

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. oh wow! What a great idea! I have those labels dies too...will definitely try it out!! I love the shape of them :) These are so Christmasy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little tags but lots of gorgeousness Michelle, love all the little details, especially the dashes of silver and clear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these tags are gorgeous Michelle!! Love your colors and designs. Stunning details!! Love the dimension you added and the bits of silver and clear. Beautiful Christmas tree!
    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, these tags are so very adorable, a what an honor to be able to play along with Sharon this month......I am so happy for you!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness -- these are over the top DARLING! I don't even know if I have that die -- but I'm sure going to look -- these are delightfully wonderful! SO glad you could make time to play with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely Michelle! Lots of layers and details, and I may have to try making some tags like these, you did a fabulous job girl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are way cute and so simple, LOVE them Michelle. Congrats on the Guest spot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. STUNNING!!!! I am SO going to play along!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Michelle...just so adorable! I have to get some of that wire silver cord! So glad you are playing along this month with Stamp Simply!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous tags Michelle! So happy to have you playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful, Michelle!! Love the trees and the shape of the tags. The silver wired twine is fabulous and the row of bling the perfect touch. You done Sharon proud :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just when I thought your last cards were fab you go and make these. I don't usually make tags but these look too fun to case!!! You ROCK :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute tages from an adorable set. Very sweet. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Stamp Simply tags, Michelle!! I love those darling trees, pretty papers, and ribbons!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on being Sharon's guest stamper Michelle! I love your pretty tags with the soft colors and all the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! I love these. When my stamps come in I'm soooo casing this. :D

    I love coming by here... that photo of Rob is just to yummy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are beautiful, Michelle! Great, unique design!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey GF - Congrats on your design spot with Sharon!!! I agree... she is my stampin' idol too!!!

    Your taggs are totally cute!!! Lov ehow you trimmed the Label 4 dies..you clever girl you :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  19. CONGRATULATIONS GF!!!! You are going to be AWESOME for the Stamp Simply challenges!!!! These tags are just DARLING!!!!! Love those cute trees and all the bling!!!! Who wouldn't want one of these beauties on their gifts this Christmas!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just gorgeous, Michele!!! I love how you used the die and altered it to make a tag! I'm so looking forward to working with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOOOohoooo! Happy to have you Stampin'Simply with us this month!!! I love love love your tags -- so much more than PRETTY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are so beautiful, Michelle! I love the curly silver cord! Love the cute trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those tags Michelle!! Those little trees are so sweet - and congrats on the Stamp Simply assignment - way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Michelle these tags are amazing!! I love the tree and the silver cording... Great accent!!
    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These tags are just downright darling Michelle! Love the little extras and the image is just too fun!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.