Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cupcake inpsiration challenge #37

Hi everyone! It's Sunday and that means it's time for another FABULOUS Cupcake Inspiration challenge from Hope Stamps Eternal! Check out this week's cupcakes - how cute are these guys??
OK, so have you ever have a card in your mind? You imagine it pretty, with lovely swirls on the pattern paper, gorgeous snowflake embossed cross panel, amazing image, billowing snow along the bottom, it follows the VLVDec01 sketch and BOOM!

The card is a stinker? I mean, seriously a STINKER?

That happened to me with my card! I tried and tried. The more stuff I did to this card, the WORSE it got! Desperately trying to avoid the trash can, I took away some panels, added 2 snowflakes and managed to salvage it in some way - LOL!

Here it is... see what I mean? EGADS! Oh well, I gotta let it go -LOL! The turquoise snowman is from {ippity} stamps, Kissmas & Mistletoe and the pattern paper is Cosmo Cricket, Jolly by Golly. The snowman has some tiny Zva Creative rhinestones on him and he is tucked behind a drift of snow. The snow is made from Glistening Snow Writer by DecoArt and I added Stickles to the snowflakes.

Since I wasn't very happy with my first attempt, I decided to make another card and I like it MUCH better.

To get my MOJO working again, I used Julee's Mojo Monday sketch that I really love. **sigh** circles just make me happy!! The pattern paper is Basic Grey, Eskimo Kisses (Rachel is out of stock) and the tree and sentiment are also from {ippity} stamps, Kissmas & Mistletoe.
I did some sewing and distressing on this one. Haven't done that in awhile. I used my beloved Swiss Dots EF and Zva rhinestones. Oh, and see how "Peace" is stamped along the bottom? I wanted it soft, so I used the Creamy Caramel ink I used for the sponging. Again, more snow behind the tree -kinda pretty!!

Everyone is invited to play along in the challenge!! If you do, be sure to link your creation to Mr. Linky on the HSE blog and use CIC37 when uploading. Every week, Rach highlighs the top 5!! Congrats to this week's Top Picks !!!

Now head on over to the Sweeties and see how they rocked this cupcake!!!!

Colleen - Glitter Ink (will be posting late)
Natalie - Dougnat Diaries
Elena - The Red Haired Girl -December's Guest Sweetie

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Deets (snowman):
Stamps: Kissmas & Mistletoe ({ippity} stamps)
Paper: Vintage Cream, Jolly by Golly PP
Ink:
Accessories: 5/8" cream grosgrain, Round rhinestone wheel (Zva Creative), button from Ivory collection (PHH)

Card Deets (tree):
Stamps: Kissmas & Mistletoe ({ippity} stamps)
Paper: White, Pink Pirouette, Eskimo Kisses PP
Ink: Old Olive, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: 5/8"
pink grosgrain, Round rhinestone wheel (Zva Creative), Corner rounder, Swiss Dots EF
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Really glad you didn't trow away your card... It's gorgeous, Michelle! I always find an inspiration on your blog.
    Love the MOJO card too! Embossing, sewing, distressing - looks great together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Michelle! I love your layout on the first one using those papers! You've got a way with embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle,
    I luv both of these cards, I so luv the ippity stamps.....they are on my list of wants......I adore that snowman...cute, wonderful cards!

    hugs
    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLEEEE!!! Hope you're trying out for the {ippity} DT cause you would be a great addition to the team! Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute cards and darling little cupcakes!
    Carol<><

    ReplyDelete
  6. stinker? NO WAY, I like it!

    both your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable tree card!!!! Love the details! The ummm, turquoise snowman is.....nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my gawd Michelle! You are so funny and I know exactly what you mean although I just love both of your cards - these colours are just awesome together don't you think?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cupcakes, hard to eat these ones. lol Beautiful cards Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow these are gorgeous! I love the soft beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are so beautiful Michelle, love how you put the patterned paper together!!!!

    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, Michelle, I could really relate to your story...it's so disappointing when what's in our heads is fabulous but doesn't translate to the paper! I've learned that if it takes more than a couple of hours to try and make it work, it probably never will (at least for me). Love that delcious paper and the pink bow is divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty Michelle! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both beautiful, Michelle! I think that you are being too hard on yourself on that first card... smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the first one you did is fabulous - you are too hard on yourself! But the second one is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!!!! These are gorgeous, girlie!!! I love everything about them and I can't imagine you would have wanted to through it out!!! Silly goose you are...hehehe. Hugs, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  17. SWEET!! I love them both. I need to work on some softer colored cards for Christmas, and some non-traditional colors too!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all your cards, even the fabulous snowman card, glad you didn't toss it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OM Gosh, I think this must be the most beautiful card I've ever seen. I love pink and this creation made my toes curl! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are just fabulous cards Michelle! My hubbie says they are super fun in these colors, but I'll say they are just too darn GORGEOUS in these colors! Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm confused! Your snowman card is perfect! So is the next one. I meant to do that sketch but like everything else over the last few months, I just never got around to it! Ohhh, and the cupcake inspiration challenges look like fun too. Again, I want to join in on those too!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.