Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge #33

Hi everyone! It's Sunday and that means it's time for another FABULOUS Cupcake Inspiration challenge from Hope Stamps Eternal! Check out this week's fun fall cupcakes, aren't they amazing?
I took my inspiration from the leaves and used some of my Cosmo Cricket, Nutmeg 6x6 paper. Quick confession, I think I love Cosmo paper more than Basic Grey -GASP! Yes, I said it, it's out there now. I have a new love. Sorry BG, you just aren't as fresh and fun as Cosmo anymore!!

Back to the card. I used one of the CAS challenge layouts for this card. I started out by punching all the squares using my 1" punch. Then, as I needed more room here and there to accommodate the Zva rhinestones, I trimmed the squares a tiny bit. The stamps are from Verve's Tall Oaks set. I think this is a perfect quick and easy Thanksgiving card.

Here is a detail shot to see the dimension and glitter on the acorn. Everyone is welcome to play along in the cupcake inspiration challenge. You DON'T need to use cupcakes to play along. Just make a card, layout or whatever and link it to the Mr. Linky on the HSE blog. Every week, Rach highlighs the top 5!! Congrats to this week's Top Picks (I will update link in the morning)!!!

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to stop by my fellow Sweeties blogs and see what lovely cards they made.
Colleen - Glitter Ink (off this week)
Natalie - Dougnat Diaries


I also wanted to mention that I have added some new cards to my Etsy store and for a limited time, I have lowered the prices on all cards to just $3.50 each!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Tall Oaks
Cardstock - Stamper's Select White (PTI)
Pattern Paper - Cosmo Cricket Nutmeg 6x6 pad
Ink - Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories - 1" square punch, Zva rhinestones Mixed wheel, copic markers, glitter

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Love this design and your choice of papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! I do love the Cosmo paper as well! You chose a fun layout to showcase the paper as well! I like the added rhinestones to finish off the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this Michelle - and I can't believe you actually said it out loud - lol! - but I am tending to agree with you....I love this Nutmeg paper !

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the simple lines of the acorn card :) I'm just getting some cosmo cricket this week, but still love my BG eskimo kisses that you got me hooked on...and you know, you can love more than one "Paper" at a time :) LOL Add some PTI dp and you have one wild time!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is sooo ciute, I adore the glittery acorn...hope you are well!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Roomie....love the papers and the little sparklie acorn!!!! I just ordered some of that paper...hope it gets here before Thanksgiving is over...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So perfect!!!!


    (I totally agree...Cosmo ROCKS!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those little gems are the perfect touch for this card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. **thud** me fainting......Cosmo BETTER than BG??? You're not serious!! OK, must look into Cosmo!!

    squirrellyshirley

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GORGEOUS clean and simple card! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.