Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two Featured Stamper cards -finally!

Hi everyone! Today was such a fun day, I took the Copic Certification class from Marianne! WOW! What a talent she is. I will blog about it and post some pics tomorrow.

For tonight, I have 2 Featured Stamper cards to share. I just LOVE this challenge and when the person being featured is a friend it's all the better! This first card is from several weeks ago. One of my bloggin' friends, Kathy (Wattle) was honored. You should check out her gallery, she has a lovely and elegant style and has a flair for layering and embellishing!

I chose her lovely card called Sage Wedding to case -I seriously love it's softness and layout. I changed the feel of the card from a soft elegant wedding to something a bit more whimsical and bright. The image is from Verve's Miracles Blossom and the sentiment is from Circular Sayings. I pieced the blooms from SU! Rose red DSP and the leaves and bud from Sage Shadow cs. I sponged the edges in white craft ink.

I chose the colors from this week's DDC color challenge issued by our lovely Charlene (LilLuvsStampin) -Rose red, Kraft, Black and Sage. We were to also use "piecing" and "piercing". Look closely, can you see the piercing? No? Cause I forgot it! That'll teach me to go by memory, I scored instead -DUH! Charlene, can you forgive me -LOL! Everyone is welcome to play along, just use the keyword: DDC when you upload to SCS.

This next card is for this week's Featured Stamper, my good friend (and Dirty Dozen Roomie) -Joan Ervin!! Woohoo! You know I love you Roomie! I chose this lovely card, Dare to be Different! to case. When I saw her card I recognized the silhouette stamp as almost the same as my designer paper, so how could I NOT case it?

I changed the colors, eliminated some layers and made the flowers a bit smaller. The sentiment is from Verve's Circular Sayings. The super cute felt flowers are from Zva Creative and the swirl is from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Doodle Parts dies. That lovely ribbon is black satin edged metallic organdy and black brads are from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts.

Oh, and I finally bought that darned ole SU! Top Note die!! Ahhh, I really love this die!!

Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for some pics from my Copic class.

Card Deets (Kathy):
Stamps - Miracles Blossom, Circular Sayings
Paper - Kraft, Black, Sage shadow, Rose red and Rose red DSP
Accessories - Sage Twill (Martha Stewart), Rose Red grosgrain and Black gingham (both SU!)
Card Deets (Joan):
Stamps - Aida Cloth
Paper - Black, Barely banana, Blush blossom, misc patterned paper (Joann's),
Accessories - felt flowers, black brads, shapeabilities, black satin edged metallic organdy
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Lovely cards! I like them both, but I like the first one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are great, girl....but man oh man, I'm LOVIN' that first one. ALL that *kraft space* (instead of white space) looks FANTASTIC! Love the ribbon treatment on both cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY Michelle! I'm just in love with that first card!

    I love the fun color on the 2nd, but the combination of the color, the Kraft and the accents is just FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle-- I ran across your blog for the first time and love all of your projects... I've favorited lots of your cards on SCS before, so I'm glad I found your site. The kraft card with the button/bow combo, I'm lovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE THEM BOTH!!! You are awesome Michelle!!! They are both fabulous in completely different ways.....of course I love mine the most!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A couple more beauties! Love the stamping on Kraft and that silhouette card is just so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.