Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jacksonbelle Tuesday -Polka dots!

Hi everyone! It's Tuesday and time for another Jacksonbelle challenge. This week it's all about POLKA DOTS. Yeah baby, I can do that!! You are all welcome to play along -as usual if you don't need to have JBelle supplies to play, but if you don't have any, you can check out the store and see if anything strikes your fancy. You can use the keyword JBE055 if you upload to SCS or PCP.

For my card, I used some of the yummy Pink Paislee designer paper with polka dots!! The papers I have are from the Sweet Cakes line -I sooo love all the orange tones. You know, in looking at my card last week, I used the SAME paper! I guess it shows I really do love it. LOL! Some of the Pink Paislee is out of stock right now, but send Lindsey an email if you want her to order more, she is happy to do it.

The sketch I used is this week's Mojo Monday week 88. Boy, Julee sure can design sketches!! The awesome hot air balloon image is from the newly released Up Up and Away and the sentiment is from Dare to be You. I outlined the clouds with a light blue copic marker and the striped ribbon is May Arts and a perfect match to Bashful Blue. Just about everything on this card is on dimensionals. I love the happy feel to this card! It's almost like the balloon and clouds are flying away.

I also wanted to mention that this Mojo Monday sketch is doubling for a sketch challenge in the much talked about Stampin' Out Alzheimer's (SOA) event. A small donation (see link in the Mojo Monday blog sidebar) gets you access to this week-long virtual stamping event, which has all sorts of challenges and chances to win some fabulous prizes. All proceeds from this event will go directly to the Alzheimer's Association. Our own Verve Diva, Jen Tapler, founded this event. Her dad has been rapidly progressing through the stages of Alzheimer's. So if you have a few dollars to spare, please particpate in this fundraiser. Not only can you win some fabulous prizes, but you can make a DIFFERENCE!

Be sure to stop by the other DT blogs for their polka dotted goodness.



AJ Otto--The Willow Garden
Heather Lee-Reppen--
Ink on my Ear
Jill Dunn--
InkGenious
Jennifer Buck--
The Buck Stamps Here
Kimberly O'Rosky--
Sunshiny Days
Kisa Peters--
Kisa's Paper Cuts
Lindsey Botkin--
Embellished
Lynda Benden--
Stamp Act
Maren Benedict--
Zany not Crazy
Melissa Bove--
Creating From the Heart
Shannan Teubner--
Pink Tulle with Feathers & Sequins


Card Deets:
Stamps -Up up and away, Dare to by You
Paper - Vintage cream, pumpkin pie, bashful blue, Pink Paislee DP
Accessories - silver brads, may arts ribbon, swiss dots EF, double ended tag die cuts (Spellbinders), copic markers, rectangle nesties

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. Michelle, this is so delightfully cute! I love the polkadotted ballooon and those sweet clouds. I also used this particular MoJo sketch and think it totally rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card - love your take on the sketch and those floating clouds.

    Hey, did you see the New Moon poster yet?! I'm getting excited for the movie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is PERFECT! Love the paper, dimension and the little clouds. Seems like a few of us used this sketch for the challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card. Love the Mojo sketch, one of my favs. Love the polka dot paper, dimensional clouds...great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card and the colors are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SOOOoo adorable Michelle! I love the clouds you added! They really add to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on today's color challenge, the mojo sketch and all the other challenges! Great floating clouds! Such a fun and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card... love all the layers and the cute clouds.
    BTW, just checking out the Edward eye candy. I never new what all the hype was about him until I saw the movie.... oohhh baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPER cute card, Michelle! I love the orange and blue combo, the polka dot DP is just perfect for the hot air balloon (so cute and fun), and the dimensional clouds are such a GREAT accent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is very, very beautiful!!! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab take on the Mojo Sketch - Michelle!!! All your latest cards are fab!!!

    Hope you are doing well??? It's been super crazy here....and hopefully once the girls are out of school things will slow down again and I can be a better blogger?!? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Love your clouds and paper choices!

    LOL, 2 JBelle Cards commented so far and both were Mojo sketch and Orange/Blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that is phenomenal! Colors, the pop up layers, awesome job Michelle!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and fun card Michelle!! Love that stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this, Michelle! Beautiful colours, love all the dotty elements, and the composition of your card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anne-Marie TribbettMay 27, 2009 at 6:09 AM

    Love this card, very classy!
    Anne-Marie Salem, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Michelle! Just gorgeous! Love, love, love the colors and all that dimension is seriously yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle! This is Ah-MAZING! Wow. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super take on the challenge and sketch! Amazing card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is AWESOME Michelle!!! Love your dotty balloon and the embossed dotted BG!!! Fantastic use of the sketch!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. awesome card Michelle, I love it! That paper is terrific too, I think I *need* some LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE this card!
    It's Fantastic!
    You are very talented! And your work is amazing!

    I thought, since you like crafts... you might enjoy this website, in order to store all your craft supplies and keep your stuff organized.

    Just visit: TheOriginalScrapbox
    You should check it out!
    They have amazing stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Michelle. Happy Friday. A friend shared this link with me today and for some odd reason I thought of you :) Thought you might like the pics at the bottom. FYI the video above that shows them filming the scene in Italy. Can't wait.
    http://community.livejournal.com/hisdazzlingeyes/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this card -- I love this new set-- it is just fun and perfect for summer cards. All the polka dots are fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.