Sunday, May 24, 2009

Featured Stamper and a Raspberry color challenge

Hi everyone! Today is the SCS Featured Stamper challenge and I was thrilled to see one of my stampin' favs, Mercy Kerin (mkstampin74) chosen! I also combined this challenge with Dawn's Raspberry Suite color challenge to use Raspberry Fizz, Celery and Avocado (which I don't have, so I used Wasabi).

I chose Mercy's card For You to case. I really loved the layout, the gorgeous butterflies and fun use of ribbon. I really wanted to keep the ribbon treatment, but the more I futzed with it, the more I couldn't make it work! I ended up changing the pattern paper panels, used punched butterflies, added pearls and used my new SU! Top Note die.

My biggest challenge was that I don't have raspberry fizz ink!! Ack! Man I really wanted stamp some of Verve's butterflies, but alas... So I used my cardstock, ribbon and pearl accents instead. I think it's enough pink. OH, and see that pattern paper? It's Basic Grey's Urban Prairie, and a perfect mix of celery and wasabi! Love it!

The sentiment is from Verve's newly released Dare to Be You. I thought it was fitting for Mercy's card.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Card Deets:
Stamp - Dare to be You
Ink - black, celery (for sponging)
Paper - Raspberry Fizz, Celery, wasabi and white
Accessories - SU! Top Note die, light green and hot pink Kaiser pearls, Raspberry fizz grosgrain ribbon, swiss dots EF, butterfly punches
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. It's stunning Michelle....love it. Beautiful colours together for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, this is SO GORGEOUS Michelle!!! Awesome way to use colour, fantastic layout, love the butterflies and Urban Prairie --- can it get any better!!! *GRIN* Love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous card!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh wow Michelle, such a nice card !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Springy and cute Michelle. Love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo pretty, Michelle...what a gorgeous color combo and I love how you used the little butterflies!!!! I can't remember if I thanked you for the beautiful birthday card you sent...if I didn't I apologize for being sooo late. I love how you added the crocheted flower...sooo pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, Michelle. It's so simple and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, look at those beautiful little butterflies and that gorgeously tied bow!!! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.