Friday, October 3, 2008

Today's Cupcake sketch

Happy Friday everyone! Tomorrow I am going to the OR/WA SCS shoebox swap and I am super excited. It's always fun to meet fellow SCS stampers in real life! I went last year and had a blast, I think this year there are 30 of us going. I will take pictures and post next week. In between cutting the supplies for my shoebox (everyone brings enough for 10 cards), I squeezed in time to get this birthday card done for Taylor's sketch.
I used Verve's Cupcake Affair set and the sentiment is from Birthday Surprise. The frosting on the cupcakes are covered in yellow stickles and the center cupcake is on dimensionals. The DP is from Basic Grey's Cupcake 6x6 pack. I took the colors from it. The ribbons and brads are from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts. Isn't the 1/8" organdy the BOMB?!? I love it. So small and versitile -perfect for tiny bows.
Card deets:
Stamps - Cupcake Affair, Birthday Surprise
Paper - PTI Lemon tart, SU! ridinghood red, BG Cupcake
Ink - Adirondack Pitch black, barely banana, copic marker R02
Accessories - Brads in Red Clay, 1/8" organdy in Cinnamon, 1/4" grosgrain in yellow, SU! scallop circle, paper piercer, white gel pen, yellow stickles

6 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, Michelle! I love the thin ribbon detailing you added and the cute little bow! Thanks for playing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty -- LOVE how the reds and yellows POP off the page -- so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Michelle!

    The 1/8" organdy IS the BOMB!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great looking cupcakes! I love the little Greeting Tag and those brads too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! What a cool take on Taylor's sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.