Thursday, July 3, 2008

A black and white experiment

OK, so I have never made a black and white card before (I won't count the sympathy card I tried to CASE last year... don't ask it was a DISASTER!). This was actually hard for me to make. I can't tell if this was an experiment gone horribly wrong, or if this turned out good....
I was inspired by some cute black and white flower and butterfly epoxy stickers I found at Michael's in their dollar section. They are soooooo cute, I had to attach a pic for you, see what I mean?

I decided to use my current favorite set from Flourishes, Coffee with Friends. I used the blank cup image and put the sticker in the middle. It was looking a bit TOO black and white so I lightly colored the cups with a pink prismacolor pencil. The pink bling was planned from the start and I rather like how the ticket corner punch allows for plenty of room on the scalloped rectangle. I used my small rectangle Nesties for this. I added the 3 pink ribbon tags at the very end to break up the really large black and white DP panel. The sentiment is from Flourishes, Many Sentiments.

Card Deets:
Stamps - Coffee with Friends, Many Sentiments
Paper - white, making memories black and white DP
Accessories - epoxy stickers, pink bling from Js, pink grosgrain, nesties, dimensionals



7 comments:

  1. ooo Michelle! I love this black and white card. I have never tried to make one myself, but You experiment turned out fantastic! The little bit of pink is a nice touch! Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!

    I saw this card on SCS and clicked on your blog link...adding you to my Google Reader now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For what it's worth (coming form me, I mean!), I absolutely LOVE your black and white card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! The black and white with just the touch of pink...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, your card is gorgeous!!!! You've inspired me to use different stickers I have gathering dust!

    Linda (studbo)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love this black and white creation with the retty pink accents -- great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michelle -- that last comment was mine -- forgot to sign out of FLLC code -- LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.