Sunday, June 22, 2008

2 down 10 to go!!


Ha ha! My real estate agent just emailed me and asked me for another 12 "new home" cards. I love creating for him because he lets me design whatever I want as long as it has a house of some kind on it and says "welcome home" or "new home". I have to keep in mind NOT to make them too frilly or sparkly -I use very little ribbon and NO flowers. Sometimes hard to do! Anyway, for the next week, you will see lots of New Home cards from me!

This week's featured stamper offered me the perfect inspiration for a couple. This week it is Diane (Lost in the 60s) . I chose this cute card to case. For the card on the right, I kept the general layout and colors, but changed up the stamp set and added a ribbon panel. The card on the left uses different colors. The cute little house is from the My Favorite Things Congrats all Around set and the sentiment is from Verve Visual's Happy Thoughts set (p.s. LOVE that set, so versitile!).

I should mention that while browsing thru Diane's gallery, I saw a card using Kanji and it's what gave me the idea to use it for the home cards. Who doesn't need a little love, tranquality and harmony in their new home??

Card deets:
Stamp sets - Kanji, MFT congrats all around, verve visual
Paper - Choc chip, caramel, banana, moss, coral/black, going grey, pomegranite, bashful, banana and celery
Accessories - cuttlebug, swiss dots folder, silver brads, hodgepodge hardware

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.