Friday, May 24, 2024

Spotlight Frames and Florals Collection by Lisa Horton- shaker card

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a card from the new Spotlight Frames and Florals collection designed Lisa Horton for Spellbinders. It's a really cool collection with 2 floral die sets, 2 sentiment sets, a circle background die set and a BetterPress circles set. I used a couple die sets and made a shaker element! Check out what I made.
STITCHED EDGE CIRCLE BACKGROUND AND LAYERED IRIS

I was excited to use the Layered Iris die set as I don't have any Iris flowers in my stash -can you believe it? I die cut the iris with white cardstock and smooshed them in Distress Oxide inks that I dabbed on my desk and spritzed with a bit of water. I love the variation of color you get with this technique, which you don't get with regular colored cardstock. 
I used the Stitched Edge Circle Background die set to make the shaker part. I like how the shaker bits are peeking through the chevron pattern. I used the new 1/8" wide 3mm Foam Strips to make my shaker well. Those strips are the perfect size and width for shaker cards!
My background was made with the Sun Rays embossing folder and I added some sparkle to each ray with the Clear Shimmer Glitter Brush added to each ray. I also added the Clear Shimmer to some of the Iris petals. 
The sentiment is from the You Make Me Smile Sentiment stamp and die set which is a stamp and die set. The Smile has 2 layering shadow dies (I used 1) and there are 5 coordinating sentiment stamps with outline die!

Before I go, I wanted to let you know Spellbinders is having their Pre-Summer Super Sale with up to 50% off select products! The sale is going on now through Thursday, May 30th!
Supplies used on this card:
Matte Silver cardstock 
Distress Oxide inks: Villainous Poison, Wilted Violet, Peacock Feathers, Wild Honey
Shaker bits and sequins from stash

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.