Saturday, February 10, 2024

Clean and Simple Spring Magnolia card

 Hi everyone! I have a clean and simple card to share today using the pretty Spring Magnolias Press plate and die set. It's part of the new Spring Sampler collection by Simon Hurley for Spellbinders.
SPRING MAGNOLIAS PRESS PLATE AND DIE SET

I just love the deep impression that the BetterPress plates leave in the cotton cardstock. Not gonna lie, using the BetterPress can be messy, and initially I avoided using press plates. But after playing around a bit, I found a couple ways to keep the mess down. Here are my tips:
Tip 1:
When applying the ink to the press plate, go over the plate with small circle motions without tipping the ink pad. This helps to keep the ink off the platform.
Tip 2: 
Before you start, gather your stamp cleaner (make sure it's a good one!), a wet wipe and a microfiber cloth. BetterPress ink don't play, so after your finished, spray the cleaner all over the plates and platform. Wipe up with the wet wipe and dry off the plates and platform with the cloth. Clean up is so much easier this way!
I wanted to keep this card mostly white, so I lightly colored the magnolias at the base of the petals, leaving the flower tips white. I added some black splatter and a few gems for the final touches.
 
Supplies used on this card:
BetterPress Ink in Black 
Zig Markers
Black Gouache
Purple gems
 
Prefer to shop at Scrapbook.com (we love those freebies!)
BetterPress Ink in Black 
***If you want to see all the products easily in one place check out my PROJECT GALLERY on SBC***
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.