Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Easy feather cards

Hi everyone! I'm sharing a fun couple of cards using one of my older Spellbinders die sets. It's called Feathers and it is a long standing favorite of mine. I was inspired to pull it out and make some cards because it's part of Spellbinder's BOGO sale! Buy Feathers and get another die set (or whatever you chose) free!

I have long felt feathers are a sign of good luck and have kept some beautiful ones I have found over the years! I combined the feathers with some patterned paper and hot foiling to make a couple cards for my stash. Here is what I came up with.

I made the cards using the same supplies, but changed up the foil colors, patterned papers and sentiment. I die cut and embossed the feathers in white cardstock and then again in patterned paper. I then tore off the bottom of the patterned feather and adhered together.
For the little flower accents I used the new Christmas Blooms die set -these flowers are not just for Christmas , I will be using them year round! See the tiny specks of foil? Those are from the flower centers that I popped out. I usually brush them into the trash, but a few fell on my card front and I thought they looked pretty cool and just went with it!!

Here are the supplies I used on my cards:
 Everyday Sentiments II Glimmer (Birthday Wishes)
Sunshine and Rainbows 6x6 paper from Stampin' Up!
Hammermill cardstock

 If you want to check out the BOGO sale there is still time, it's going on until August 7th!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Such a creative use of patterned paper, Michelle! These are unique & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.