Monday, April 22, 2019

Water colored Christmas - turned summer - florals

Hi everyone! I played around with some water coloring and turned this Christmas Floral image into a summer floral bouquet! I'm pretty sure I invented a purple poinsettia type flower, but I don't mind. It's super pretty! LOL!
The image is from WPlus9 and called Christmas Rose Bouquet and since it's only April I'm not quite ready to make Christmas cards. So I colored the poinsettia in purple and made it a summer floral! I even ventured out and used some of my Prismacolor pencils to add slight accents in the leaves and flowers. What?? Who am I?!?

The black strips in the background are actually black cardstock that I trimmed to be the width of the tiny space between the embossed diamond patterns. Here's how I laid them out.
It's kinda hard to see the embossed pattern in these pictures, you can see the details better here.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Other supplies used:
Grumbacher Goldenedge Synthetic Round Size 3 and 2 (Dick Blicks)
MeiLiang Watercolor Paint Set, 36 Colors (Amazon)
Nuvo Crystal Drops in Simply White
Nubo Glitter Drops in Purple Rain
Black embossing powder
Bee water color paper
Embossing folder from Fun Stampers Journey

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love your purple, summer poinsettia. The way you did the strips of black cs is very creative, I love it. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.