Saturday, July 4, 2015

Celebrate the 4th of July

Hi everyone!  Happy Fourth of July!
Some of you have noticed that it's been a month since my last post and that's been for several reasons.  One, working 20 hours a week for Fun Stampers Journey has taken me away from my extra crafting time, thus less posts.  Two, it's summer now and that means lots of taking the boys to day camp, visiting my mom, etc.  And lastly, I prepped for and attended FSJ's first annual convention!  I've never been a demo or coach and thus never attended a stamping convention before.  Boy what a wonderful experience that was!  It was held in Phoenix this year and I promise to share some photos of all fun stuff including some pics from my onstage demo!
But, I do have a card to share today.  A fun patriotic shaker card! 
 For this card, I used my Stars Five nestabilities dies.  Nestabilities dies are perfect for making custom shaped shaker cards.  You have a variety of nesting sizes in each set and can make any number of sized frames.
Below is a pic of how I made the star shaker piece.  After I loaded the "base" with sequins, I peeled off the adhesive border and stuck my blue star frame over top.  I should mention that I adhered the acetate to the blue frame first, then adhered it to my shaker base.
Thanks for stopping by and have a safe and happy 4th of July!
Card Deets:  
Spellbinders Supplies:   
Dies: Stars Five (S4-092), Fun Sentiments (SCD-029)
Other Supplies: Fun Stampers Journey cardstock in Whip Cream, Huckleberry Fusion and Cranberry Bliss and Be Brave stamp set for sentiment; sequins; silver cord
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Great card and great colors.
    Happy 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been busy. Great shape shaker for the 4th! Happy 4th to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know the working part time and busy mom life myself! Adore this shaker card!! Happy 4th of July :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Saw it on FB and had to come see the deets! I still have not mastered the shaker card so I'll take all the photos and instructions I can find! :) You are a busy lady, looks like so much fun Michele!! Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the convention!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.