Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ornament Christmas card

Hi everyone!  I have an elegant Christmas card to share today.  I think this will be my last post until after the holidays, I'll be taking some time off for family and some behind the scenes CHA booth work.

My card combines the Heirloom Reflections Ornament dies with my favorite Layered Poinsettia.  The gold strip on the left is washi tape that I folded in half over the side of my cardstock.
After I die cut the ornament openings, I trimmed and adhered the pattern paper behind the openings.  Next, I adhered the panel to the card front using foam squares which allowed me room to slip the poinsettia flowers underneath.  The sentiment is embossed with gold powder for some extra sparkle and I fussy cut it out.

Thanks for stopping by and Merry Christmas everyone!  Here's a close up picture.
Card Deets:
Spellbinders Dies: S5-223 Heirloom Reflections and S5-055 Layered Poinsettia Shapeabilities® 
Stamps: JustRite Stampers, Extra Grand Holiday Sentiments stamp set  
Other Supplies: Bazzill Card Shoppe cardstock in Marshmallow and Peppermint;
My Minds Eye Joyous 6x6 paper pad; My Mind's Eye Necessities Metallic decorative tape; Gold sequins; Gold embossing powder; Gold metallic string;
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders dies at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! Where oh where do you find the time this time of year to get so many cards done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle you sure come up with so many gorgeous creative ideas with your cards, this is gorgeous. Love the gold washi tape on the edge too.
    Wishing you a wonderful and Merry Christmas and some great relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SOOOOO pretty; I LOVE the poinsettias peeking out of the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the paper and the poinsettias behind the die-cut ornament windows.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.