Sunday, September 21, 2014

Conversation bubbles card

Hi everyone!!  I have a fun card to share.  This one uses two of the four new Conversation Bubble die sets that were just released as part of the Die D-Lites line.  They are on pre-order and will ship in October.
Here are the 2 sets I used:
Weeeee.... They're totally adorable, right!?!
I die cut a bubble shape into my cardstock front and then popped it up on dimensionals over some cute green chevron patterned paper for a fun look.  For my "surprise" cloud bubble, I hand stitched through the little openings with the blue linen thread.  I used a needle threader and this took some time.  You do have to be careful as one of my little openings tore.  Next time I will try thinner floss, but I'm happy with the pop of color it gives!
I wanted to use the die cut which was left over from the front opening somewhere on the card and I ended up using it on the inside.  Turned out cute!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!!  Here is a close up pic of the bubbles.

Card Deets:  
Spellbinders Supplies:  Many Words stamp set (SCS-004), Conversation Bubble 1 die set (S2-135), Conversation Bubble 4 die set (S2-138)
; Pattern Paper in Celebrations Print double sided pattern paper (SCP-016); Linen Thread (SCT-001)
Other Supplies: 
Wood veneers, rhinestones 
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders dies and Celebra'tions line at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. There you go again with another cute idea. Love the stitching it really pops and using that extra piece inside.

    Excited to have won on your blog the TE gift certificate, Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.