Friday, September 5, 2014

Chevron border hello

Hi everyone!  Oh boy, have you had a chance to check out the "What's New" section on Spellbinders site?  WOW!  The newest release have some pretty fun trendy and simple dies! Even cover plates!  They are in pre-order right now, with shipping starting in October.
I am so in love, it was hard to pick which fun new die to work with!

For my card, I used the super fun Chevron border die.  First I die cut it in white and then again with strips of colored cardstock.  I adhered the Chevron border outline part and inserted the color pieces in a rainbow pattern.
The sentiment is from Sentiments 5.  This release has 3 new Sentiments sets each with 2 sentiments, they are small sets with a price of $10.  
I added a small blossom from an oldie but goodie set, Bitty Blossoms.  See the little "leaves" on the left?  I used a green chevron piece for it!  Double duty.

Here's a picture of how I die cut the colored pieces.  I was able to get all the colors except for purple in one pass.  Easy peasy!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
Card Deets:  
Spellbinders Supplies:  S2-141 Sentiments 5, S5-086 Bitty Blossoms and S4-455 Chevron Border Shapeabilities®

Other Supplies: 

Various cardstock; Gold pearls
Adhesive: Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders dies at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Love your card!! Great idea of putting in the variety of colors. Will have to try that one. You could also do it with just Christmas colors, too. Thanks for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Love your multi-colored chevron border. Thanks for sharing your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. This is one of my favorite card making techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever, a chevron bit for leaves, neat trick. Your card is lovely, just love all the color and the way you mounted it just adds pizazz(not sure of that spelling lol).

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.