Saturday, July 19, 2014

Christmas in July and a new winner

Hi everyone!  I don't normally make Christmas cards other than in November and December (no, I do NOT work ahead!), but I was making some cards for my winter Paper Creations article which I can share here since the magazine closed down (sniff sniff).
So it's Christmas in July!
I used a stencil with this card and I really like how it turned out!
For the stencil effect, I used the Stars Five dies and placed a star shape (die #4) onto the stencil and inked around it in 2 different colors, first Red Hot then Moonlit Fog.  I used some washi tape and taped down both the stencil and my paper, just to make sure nothing moved.  See below picture.
 Here's how I made the puffy stars on the card.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I also want to announce a new winner for my Blog-a-versary Giveaway!  One of my previous winners was international and I wasn't able to send my package, so Random.org helped me chose another winner:

Martha M, Tiffin Ohio said:
"Congratulations!! 6 Years, Wow!! Thank you for such a great package of goodies!!"

Congrats Martha!  Please contact me at cardsbymichelle@hotmail.com and let me know your address info and I will mail the package off to you right away.  You have until Wednesday the 23rd to contact me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!  Here is a detail picture.
Card Deets: 
Spellbinder dies: S4-092 Stars Five Nestabilities®

Stamps: JustRite Papercrafts, Christmas Antique Labels One set
Paper: Gina K Designs, White cardstock; Lawn Fawn, Peace Love Joy paper pad;
Ink: Gina K Designs, Red Hot, Black Onyx and Moonlit Fog

Embellishments - Stamp Simply Ribbon Store Silver mirror cardstock and Clear Rhinestones; Tim Holtz Stripes stencil
Adhesive - Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares 
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders Die Templates at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. What? No Paper Creations anymore?!! That's terrible news, and why weren't any subscribers contacted I wonder? Hmmm, still had 2 issues left on mine.
    Love your card by the way!! The stars look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that card, the stencil looks wonderful. Sad to hear of Paper Creations, sad to keep hearing of places being forced to close because of the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, the package just arrived, and I felt like it was Christmas! There were so many different things in that box. I kept going through it many times. Loved everything and can't wait to use the goodies. Thanks again for your generosity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love the effect with the stencil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok GF, this is awesome!!! I love that stencil and the way you made the star, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with this card!! Must get that stencil and give this a go! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.