Friday, June 13, 2014

Summery Just Because card

Hi everyone!!  Long time no blog.  I have been super busy with end of the school year stuff and getting my garden in order.  Not too mention allergies have been kicking my behind and wiped out my energy!  Anyway, I have a fun card to share today.  This was inspired by a card I found on Pinterest.  Seriously, what did we do before Pinterest?  I love that site, not only for endless crafty inspiration, but for recipes and so much more!  But I digress...
My card uses some of my favorite cheery summer pattern paper from My Mind's Eye and matching enamel dots (I just love matchy-matchy).  I used the Blooms 3 D-Lite die for my flowers and the leaves are vellum cut from the Sprigs set (which I had left over from this card). For the chevron pattern, I used the Classic Ric Rac edger die and made 2 die cuts into my cardstock, separated them a tiny bit and adhered them over some pattern paper with foam squares.  Pretty cool, huh?!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  Here is a close up picture of the flower details, I just love the emboss and DEbossing details with the Blooms 3 dies.
Card Deets: 
Spellbinder dies: S2-046 Blooms 3 and S4-430 Sprigs Shapeabilities®, E8-004 Classic Ric Rac Edgeabilities® 
Paper: Bazzill Paper Basics, Butter Mints, Sour Lemon and Robin's Egg Card Shoppe cardstock; Vellum cardstock
Ink: Tsukineko, Versafine Onyx Black
Embellishments - Stamp Simply Ribbon Store: My Mind's Eye Record It "Here is Happy" 6s6 paper pad and enamel dots
Adhesive - Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares 
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders Die Templates and vellum cardstock at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is so pretty Michelle, what a great idea. Love your colors and that pretty flower say nothing about the vellum LOL. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love the ric rack cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love this. The negative space is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a refreshing card, love the colors and simplicity of this card! Hope your feeling better.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where is the JUST BECAUSE stamp from?

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.