Wednesday, April 9, 2014

New Silhouette die

Hi everyone! Have you seen the new In'spire die called Silhouette?  When I first saw it, I didn't think it was my style and a bit too vintage-y for me, but after playing around with it, I really fell in love!  Here is what I came up with.
I die cut the wreath from gold mirror cardstock as well as the butterfly part of her head.  What I love most of all about this set (aside from its price at $10), is the little butterfly on the lady's hair is designed to fold out!  I cut out and adhered the gold butterfly over top of the white one.  So pretty and shiny!

I thought it was fun to add a few black circle rings which are some of my favorite accessories.  And the 1/8" black ribbon is a perfect match to tie at the bottom of the rings!
Here's what the Silhouette die looks like:
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.  Here is a close up picture.

Card Deets: 
Spellbinder dies: IN-010 Silhouette Shapeabilities®; S4-114 Standard Circles LG and S4-116 Standard Circles SM Nestabilities®
Paper: Bazzill, Marshmallow, Black Licorice and Sugar Wafer cardstock; My Mind's Eye Record It! "Here is Happy" 6x6 paper pad
Embellishments - Stamp Simply ribbon store: Bazzill,
Gold Mirror cardstock,1/8" black silk ribbon; Want2Scrap, Say it With Bling border rhinestone strips
Adhesive - Tombow USA Mono Multi liquid glue; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares    
NOTE: You can also find Spellbinders Die Templates at the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. I agree, I would have thought it wasn't my style but you made it work beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout and wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just lovely! I like how you made this look elegant, and not too vintage. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Vintage is not my favorite but your card is just gorgeous. Love the gold additions really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.