Wednesday, June 13, 2012

CardMaker Blog Hop: He's All That

Hi everyone!  Welcome to today's CardMaker blog hop!  The theme is He’s All That, and the blog team was asked to make masculine cards. With all the graduations going on right now, I made a masculine graduation card! 

Whenever I think of masculine cards I always think of stars and brown tones first.  So it's no surprise I went with both on this card.  I thought I would have some fun with my star die cuts with a sort of peek-a-boo opening at the bottom.  To make this, first I cut off 1.25" from the bottom of the card, next I cut off another 1/2" which would be my opening.  Gluing down the stars was a bit tricky, so I temporarily adhered my card to my grid mat and made sure everything was lining up perfectly.  There is a lot going on at the bottom, so I added some scored lines all across the top to sort of balance things out.
 Check out the other girl's blogs and see what masculine projects they have for you today!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the hop!!
Card Deets:
Stamps - Con-grad-ulations (A|Muse Studios)
Ink - French Roast (A|Muse Studios)
Paper - Latte, French Roast, Cherry and Petite Polka Dot Cherry Cardstock
(A|Muse Studios)
Accessories - S4-092 Stars Five Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Scor-Pal, Red Rhinestones (Want2Scrap)

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Great masculine grad card Michelle--love how you did the suspended stars! coolio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice masculine creation! Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay... that's cool! At first I thought it was a white strip, but then I realized it was open... awesome idea! (One I'll have to CASE!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Great effect! Loving those stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. Love the stars. I'll have to remember this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! Love the suspended stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this layout, Michelle! The opening really adds so much interest to the card. The scored lines are a great background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love how you did the stars!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.