Sunday, April 17, 2011

Long time no post

Hi everyone!  Long time no post, right?  Well, after I returned from the Spellbinders DT retreat, I promptly got a nasty cold which thru a monkey wrench in things -lol!  Anyway, the retreat was AMAZING!  Seriously words can't describe AMAZING!  I loved getting to meet all the fabulous ladies on the design team (you can find all their links in the page on my tab bar) and especially ALL the amazing ladies that are Spellbinders™ Paper Arts -Stacey, Kim, Beth and Cathy!

Several of you have left me comments and emails about how excited you are all about seeing my Spellbinders projects.  Well...I found out that I won't actually GET to share my projects on my blog.  Yep, turns out that when the DT makes projects they are to be sent in to be used in ads, trade shows, HSN or other TV spots and the like.  How cool is that?  But, never fear, you know I use Spellbinders die templates on almost every card I make, so you will get to see PLENTY of Spellbinders goodness! 

So in honor of the amazing time I had at the retreat, I though it would be kinda fun to share a couple Spellbinders fun facts I discovered with you:
1.  Stacey came up with the name Spellbinders from her scrapbooking experience "SPELL your story; BIND it together"
2.  Spellbinders holds 4 US patents
3.  Spellbinders was started in 2003, yep, they have been around longer than you thought
4.  Spellbinders has the only die template on the market that does 3 things: cut, emboss and stencil!  The embossing is patent protected.
5. The Grand Calibur™ die cutting maching currently the largest die cutting plates in the market at 8 1/2" x 11"

Here are a couple pictures I took from the retreat.  You can see more pics and details on the Spellbinders blog post here.
Here is me and my table partner, Tina
 Here is me and my roommate, Gloria.  In the background, you can see Windy and Tonya on the left and Michelle Emerson-Roberts on the right.
 This pic was taken of me and Lesley just before we left
Before I go, I have a couple "just for fun" cards to share.  I got this super cute set, Forest Friends from The Greeting Farm almost a year ago and NEVER used it!  TRAGEDY!  So, just before I left for Phoenix, I made these using the adorable owl.  I cased both of these cards from cards I made in the past -a favie trick of mine when I am in a hurry.  I colored the owls with copic markers and used the Standard Circles LG and SM Nestabilities on these.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. how exciting!! I also saw a pic on FB and thought...wow!! you've hit the big time!! Very cool to find out about the history as well :) And darling card :) hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures and facts :) Did you cut your hair a bit? Looks great :) Can't wait to see all the wonderful things you create! Cute little owl cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! I love Spellbinders! I actually got my Wizard when they first came out on HSN years, the old purple one. It's the only die cutter I have,not as easy as a Cuttlebug, but still works like new.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Girlie!!! Your pics look fab and it sounds like you had an AWESOME TIME!!! So sorry about the horrid cold though! :( Hope you are feeling better and we'll have to chat soon!!!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute designs and congratulations on Spellbinders!! Hope you are on the upswing from your nasty cold.... hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute cards. Glad you are back and had such a great time. Sorry about the cold and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. soooo SWEET! love owls and this one is a cutie. not to mention....the circles-LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a good time. Hope you are feeling better.

    Love your cards... absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great on the pictures!!
    Beautiful cards too!

    xxx
    Dutch Tulip
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  10. We missed you! great pics and adorable cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michele,

    How exciting to go and learn and see everything! I hope you will be sure to tell us when your work is on view somewhere. And, I will of course still stop by to see what you do post!

    Those facts are so interesting! I had no idea they were around that long.

    The cards are so cute...i love the sentiment with them! Have fun while you "play" (lol) and create wonderful pieces!

    He IS Able,
    Traci S.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had an amazing time girl! Your pics are great! Love your cards too - so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you are home safely and had a wonderful time!!! Still can't wait to see your newest creations, now I'll be watcing all the different formats to see if I see your projects!!!
    Thanks for sharing your pics, looks like a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.