Several of you have left me comments and emails about how excited you are all about seeing my Spellbinders projects. Well...I found out that I won't actually GET to share my projects on my blog. Yep, turns out that when the DT makes projects they are to be sent in to be used in ads, trade shows, HSN or other TV spots and the like. How cool is that? But, never fear, you know I use Spellbinders die templates on almost every card I make, so you will get to see PLENTY of Spellbinders goodness!
So in honor of the amazing time I had at the retreat, I though it would be kinda fun to share a couple Spellbinders fun facts I discovered with you:
1. Stacey came up with the name Spellbinders from her scrapbooking experience "SPELL your story; BIND it together"
2. Spellbinders holds 4 US patents
3. Spellbinders was started in 2003, yep, they have been around longer than you thought
4. Spellbinders has the only die template on the market that does 3 things: cut, emboss and stencil! The embossing is patent protected.
5. The Grand Calibur™ die cutting maching currently the largest die cutting plates in the market at 8 1/2" x 11"
Here are a couple pictures I took from the retreat. You can see more pics and details on the Spellbinders blog post here.
Here is me and my table partner, Tina
Here is me and my roommate, Gloria. In the background, you can see Windy and Tonya on the left and Michelle Emerson-Roberts on the right.
This pic was taken of me and Lesley just before we leftForest Friends from The Greeting Farm almost a year ago and NEVER used it! TRAGEDY! So, just before I left for Phoenix, I made these using the adorable owl. I cased both of these cards from cards I made in the past -a favie trick of mine when I am in a hurry. I colored the owls with copic markers and used the Standard Circles LG and SM Nestabilities on these.