Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas thank yous and a special Featured Stamper

Hi everyone!  Well, it's the new year, tomorrow starts school for the kiddos and life goes back to normal (whatever that means, ha).  So, now is the time for us to send out all those Christmas Thank you cards!  I just wasn't ready to put away all that gorgeous Christmas paper I barely made a dent in, so I used some on my cards.

These were fast and super easy to make.  I used the SU! 1 1/4" square punch and punched out 4 pattern paper squares and then 2 squares of a solid paper in the pack.  I then cut the 2 solid squares in 1/2 and glued them to the bottom with a little peeking out.  I punched the snowflake with the coordinating solid paper, added the twine and some bling -done! 

These first 2 cards use the Echo Park papers, Merry Christmas.  The sentiment is from GKD, Seeds of Kindness.  (hummm, the picture is awfully dark, sorry)

My next cards use the KaiserCraft, Be Merry 6x6 pad.  These papers were one of my favorites this year because I am a sucker for traditional green and red!  Don't worry, there are also some splashes of brown in this collection too. 

Next I want to share a card I made for the SCS Featured Stamper challenge.  I haven't played along in this challenge in awhile, but since it honors one of the sweetest and supportive online friends I know, Marisa -I HAD to!!   I cased this cutie circle card! I just loves me some circle cards, right Marisa? I used the GKD set, Bug Me Anytime and the sentiment is from Seeds of Kindness. The small piece of PP is from Cosmo Cricket's DeLovely! Such happy colors!

This card is also for the CopicOZ challenge (hosted by my Aussie BFF, Kathy), to make a summertime card that use yellow and green copic markers!  I used Y11, Y15, Y17, G40 and G82.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Loving your Christmas thank you cards, Michelle :) The snowflake adds such a wonderful touch as does the bling.

    Thanks for the FS mention too (((hugs))). Loving this card second time round. What can I say, I learned for them best of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet idea to group the 4 squares of different DP together...great CAS thank you cards! Love the sweet little circle card! They make me crazy to cut them out, but I always love them in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try some super simple stuff!! Love these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those squares with all those fabulous papers!!! This is the most fabulous CAS thankyou cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those thank you cards are just lovely. Great idea to use Christmas paper on them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love the simplicity of the Christmas thank you cards! They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your circle card!! Thank you for a wee bit taste of what spring time will look like!
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the thank you cards -- simple and stunning with the pops of color!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute and simple, great CAS cards. You can use up lots of scraps with this layout. great cards, and your circle one is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning Michelle, you're the queen of CAS!I absolutely love these cards . . . {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Christmas thank you cards.........so simple, but lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great way to use up the paper scraps Michelle, so cute with the different patterns.

    And such a sweet FS card of Marisa, such fun colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great grouping of CAS Thank You's and perfect for after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well look at this abundance of beauty!!!! What a wonderful way to honour Marisa - she sooooo deserves it!!! AND THANK YOU for playing the CopicOz challenge!!!! Love your circular sunflowery card!!! Your yellow and green flowers are perfect!!! :) {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE it!! Each one is darling and fab!! What a super fun way to enjoy your designer papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful thank you cards! You have CAS down to an art..I love everything you do! Your circle card is adorable!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shut up! These are amazing, love them!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.