Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Verve Project Parade and a CPS sketch with some sunshine

Hi everyone! It's my day to post my project on the Verve Blog. In case you haven't hopped on over there, the theme this month is "It's a Girl Thing: Celebrating the Women in our Lives". Here is a tiny peek at my project. You will have to go on over to see the whole thing!! If you play along, there are 2 chances to win some Verve bucks!!

Next up, I have a card for this week's CPS114 challenge sponsored this week by Sweet and Sassy Stamps. I also played along with Sharon's SSnotime85 challenge -to use yellow and let the sun shine in!! We have been having NON-stop rain over here in Oregon for days and I guess I needed a bit of bright colors!

This card uses pp from DCWV the Citrus pack. Man, I love all the colors and patterns in this pack. Actually, now that I am posting this, I see that it kinda coordinates with the bright colors with my Verve Project Parade... humm, I guess I really was needing some BRIGHT fun around me!!

The image and sentiment used on this card are from Repeat Impressions, the image is called Sunflower. I just love this delicate image -it made me smile the entire time I was making this. The sentiment tag was made using the double ended tag nestie, I just "skootched" the paper before the second hole, so the die only cut one end. I took my SU turquoise marker to the "stitching" on the Top Note piece. Some little primas and blue bling finish off the sketch.

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Deets:
Stamps - Sunflower, Thank you (Repeat Impressions)
Paper - white, tempting turquoise, Citrus matstack (DCWV)
Accessories - circle nesties, Top note die, turquoise marker, double ended tag nestie), Got flowers deux primas, turquoise bling, copic markers and stickles

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle - love your Verve project - super yummy-licious!!!

    Your card is also gorgeous!!!
    Have a great day!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project Michelle and I just love that card - so bright and happy!!! Hopefully you'll have some sunshine soon!!

    Speaking of bright and happy - gotta love the new Robward pic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Michelle! Wonderful coloring job and great composition! I love how you incorporated the CPS sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH...rain rain....I'm pretty sure I found RUST behind the kids' ears last night in the tub, and my DH bald head is turning GREEN w/ MOSS!!! aahaahahaha

    Squirrellyshirley

    PS Nice cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your CPS card is so bright and cheery...love it! And I have to say...I am loving the Rob eye candy slideshow on your sidebar. Sigh- he makes me swoon a little bit! Tee hee!

    Great job with CPS 114!

    ~Lea

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.