Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jacksonbelle Tuesday challenge

Hi everyone, today's Tuesday and that means it's time for another Jacksonbelle challenge! This week is a fun one!

We were challenged to a 1,2,3 recipe:
1 stamp
2 embellishments
3 layers.

Like always, you don't need to have JBelle supplies to play, but if you don't have any, you can check out the store and see if anything strikes your fancy.

Since I could only have 1 stamp, I decided to make the focal image an embellishment and use the stamp for a sentiment. I had so much fun with this recipe I made TWO! This first one uses Wild Wasabi card base (that's 1), a layer of white which I ran the top thru the CB with Swiss Dots (that's 2), and the lower portion is a piece of Imaginisce DP from the Fairest of Them All line (that makes 3!!). The Prima flower portion is 1 and the ribbon makes 2 embellishments (OK, on this one I stretched it, cause the brad is technically separate from the flower!) and the 1 stamp is the HB sentiment from Repeat Impressions.

The second card uses a fancy schmancy flower from Prima from their Hybrid floral embellishments, Lindsey is currently out of stock of these, but if you are interested send her an email and she can order them for you!! I used the same layout as the first card. The DP is from Memory Box, Sprout line. The ribbons are 1 and the flower is 2 embellishments, and 1 stamp is the TY sentiment from Repeat Impressions.

We'd love to have you play along and if you do, be sure to use keyword JBE050 when you upload your card so we can find all the sketch cards in one place. Don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for their cards!

AJ Otto--The Willow Garden
Beth Thomas--A Stampin' Good Time
Heather Lee-Reppen--Ink on my Ear
Jill Dunn--InkGenious
Jennifer Buck--The Buck Stamps Here
Kimberly O'Rosky--Sunshiny Days
Kisa Peters--Kisa's Paper Cuts
Lindsey Botkin--Embellished
Lynda Benden--Stamp Act
Maren Benedict--Zany not Crazy
Melissa Bove--Creating From the Heart
Shannan Teubner--Pink Tulle with Feathers & Sequins
Taylor Usry--Musings of an Addict

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day.

Card Deets (card 1):
Stamps - Happy Birthday sentiment from Repeat Impressions
Paper - wasabi, white, Imaginisce DP
Accessories - Prima flowers, Painted fastener (Daisy Ds), grossgrain ribbon, swiss dots EF

Card Deets (card 2):
Stamps - Thank You sentiment from Repeat Impressions
Paper - Papaya Puree Dark Prism paper, white, Memory Box DP
Accessories - Prima hybrid floral embellie, Organdy and satin ribbon, swiss dots EF


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Michelle, I especially love the flower on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super...it shows that just a few simple items (and some good paper!) can go along way and make a big impression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love how you put them together and the color combo's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so sweet and beautiful. You definitely rocked the challenge. Love the flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful! LOVE them! Such a fun challenge, Michelle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous Michelle!! In fact, I am so inspired by them don't be surprised if you see them on MY blog over the next day or so, LOL!! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!!!! (sorry, I'll stop yelling!) I love them both! I need to make some TYs and BDays for my Gma, I may CASE you for a set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. both are beautiful Michelle. love the simple elegance of them. miss ya my friend- hope we can catch up soon. Family was sick and then I was out of town so things have been crazy but will hopefully settle down after tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both so pretty Michelle!! I wish I could part with my flowers like you do, they are beautiful! BTW, I am SO glad you followed the rules for a change!!! LOLOLOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both awesome! Glad your stamps arrived quickly! I love that your card has a simple sentiment and the beauty is the card itself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl, if anyone can pull off that fancy schmancy prima flower design it's you!! Both cards are lovely, I love that challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous Michelle!! Love the idea, layouts and papers - not to mention those gorgeous flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both so beautiful! I'm loving those colors and that cool flower on the second one especially!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto all the above comments. I especially like the colors in Card 2.

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.