Monday, April 6, 2009

Hanna release day and a new weekly blog challenge

Hi everyone! Have you all been enjoying the sneak peeks of the Hanna Stamps release? Well, tonight's the release party and you can see the sets in their entirety!! The fun starts at 9PM Eastern time on the Hanna Forum.


This card is another example of the Mommies to Be set. Love the packages and the cute little umbrella with boy and girl on it!! I stamped the umbrella 2 times and popped it up on dimensionals.



The presents are colored with a pale pink Copic marker and a tiny bit of yellow and adorned with tiny rhinestones on the bows. The black buttons are vintage from my granny's tin. The both the DP and all the cardstock is from PTI. Here is a closeup of some of the details.



This next card is for my friend Rachel's (Hope Stamps Eternal) new challenge. She is starting a weekly cupcake inspiration challenge where she posts a yummy picture of cupcakes! There are some goodies up for grabs this week for her new online store, so be sure to check it out.



The cupcake picture she chose this week seriously made me drool!! So while I had some supplies left on my desk after making my JBelle challenge card (to be posted tomorrow), I decided to do her challenge. The "flower" is from Prima Wild Wood Collection, Mushroom and SOOOOO reminded me of the cupcake icing swirls!! I used a piece of DP from Bella Rose to bring in the soft pink color.

The chipboard is another story -I have had this on my desk FOREVER! One of my stamping friends sent this to me ages ago, and I have been scared to do anything with it. But, I finally took the plunge -I sponged it with Creamy Caramel and then painted it with Golden Shimmerz! I think it turned out really pretty, but I am thinking I could have spray painted it and accomplished the same look, LOL!





The base of the card is made with my new Mega rectangles nestabilities. I have seen my friend, Stacy (Twinshappy) make cards with this shape and was inspired to do the same. I wrapped the flourish piece with some Burlap String and then added a couple pink Rhinestones. Thanks for the challenge Rachel, I hope you like your card!!


Thanks for stopping by and come back tomorrow for my Jacksonbelle Tuesday challenge card.


Card Deets (Hanna):
Stamps - Mommies To Be

Paper - Sweet Blush, Pink Patterns DP, White, Black
Accessories - vintage buttons, pink taffeta ribbon, Labels One nesties, white gel pen, swiss dots EF

Card Deets (cupcake):
Stamps - sentiment from Wildflowers by Crafty Secrets
Ink - Chocolate Chip, creamy caramel (for sponging)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Bella Rose DP
Accessories - chipboard flourish, pink gems, Wildwood flower from Prima, burlap string, mega rectangle nesties, gold shimmerz

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. WOW Michelle - both of these are stunning!!! I love the sweet images and pretty papers of the first and the flower on the second is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!! I Love the Swirl flower...it Does look like icing!!! Thatnks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.