Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The challenge card that wasn't!

Today's Jacksonbelle Embellishment Tuesday challenge was Anything But... to make a card that is anything but a rectangle.

Well, as you can see my card isn't square like it was supposed to be! Maybe if you open your eyes really wide while looking at it, it may appear slightly stretched... no? Unfortunately, my card the result of being distracted by the kiddos THREE times while making it. Let's see, first we had a fight in the garage over the tricycles resulting in a split lip. Then we had a bathroom disaster (I'll spare you the details), I don't even remember what the last thing was, I just remember being very worn out and confused at the end of it all!

But, alas a card was made! My sister asked me to make a motorcycle birthday card for her friend. I used a motorcycle image I bought off EBay a long time ago. All the DP is by Fancy Pants, About a Boy, and I finally used a transparency! It is also from Fancy Pants and is called Fresh and Funky and is on sale right now for $1.30!!

I have always been SKERD to use these little buggars, but thought I would give it a try. They are not that bad. I lined up what I wanted to show over the motorcycle (in this case the little stars) and carefully trimmed (I used my regular paper cutter). I attached it with glue dots and then covered them up with the Dew Drops, from the Men's Bottle. I used a tiny piece from the scraps for the tag too! The sentiment is by Repeat Impressions and the fabulous burlap string is from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts. I followed Jen's Sketch for You to Try for the layout.

We'd love to have you play along and if you do, be sure to use keyword JBE051 when you upload your card so we can find all your NON-rectangle cards in one place. Don't forget to check out the other DT blogs for their cards!

AJ Otto--The Willow Garden
Beth Thomas--A Stampin' Good Time
Heather Lee-Reppen--Ink on my Ear
Jill Dunn--InkGenious
Jennifer Buck--The Buck Stamps Here
Kimberly O'Rosky--Sunshiny Days
Kisa Peters--Kisa's Paper Cuts
Lindsey Botkin--Embellished
Lynda Benden--Stamp Act
Maren Benedict--Zany not Crazy
Melissa Bove--Creating From the Heart
Shannan Teubner--Pink Tulle with Feathers & Sequins
Taylor Usry--Musings of an Addict

Thanks for stopping by!

Card Deets:
Stamps - unknown motorcycle, HB sentiment, Aida Cloth
Ink - Chocolate chip and so saffron
Paper - Choclate chip, so saffron, About a Boy
Accessories - Dew drops, transparency, burlap string, tag punch, eyelet, crop-a-dile

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Really great card, (even if it is a rectangle). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally cool! Love this bike, great use of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool image, and I love the burlap string!! Sorry you had a crazy day with the kiddos! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome Michelle!!! I am so glad you were at least able to get a card done and a fantastic card at that!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.