Sunday, March 1, 2009

FS card, thinking of Verve!

Today was SCS Featured Stamper challenge and the honor goes to... Kelly H! I am new to Kelly, but she has a really fun gallery! I chose this card to case. I loved her use of white embossing powder -I never think to do that and it's really lovely! Makes quite a statement. I changed the colors, image and sentiment. Used my scalloped nesties, added some layers and a butterfly!

The images are from Verve's Abundant Blessings and the sentiment is from Verve's Artful Elegance. The pearls are Latte colored Kaiser pearls. I thought using colors in this tone would be good for a masculine sympathy card. I have none in my stash, and I really like to make these ahead of time -if you know what I mean!?!

Here is a close up picture.

AND... mark your calendars! Verve is having their big March release on Sunday, March 8th, 5pm Pacific!! You don't want to miss the release of the 8 new sets and 5 Plain Janes! They are fabulous (as always) and the sneak peeks start tomorrow (Mon, 3/2), so be sure to check out the Verve Blog for samples!


Card Deets:
Stamps: abundant blessings, artful elegance
Paper: artichoke, river rock, white and DP is retired SU Spring Showers
Ink: versamark
Accessories: white EP, MS Royal butterfly punch, kaiser pearls, oval punches, rectangle nesties, white satin ribbon

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Love the monochromatic look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, love your card. The colors, the pattern dp, the embossing. Great work!!!

    Whenever, I come by your blog I always linger on the Edward slideshow. He is one FINE V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card very calming
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you put the pearls in the butterfly, Michelle! That is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, rommie...I love the images and the white embossing....looks fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Michelle, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just STUNNING!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.