Monday, November 17, 2008

A razzle dazzle wedding card

I love soft colors and sparkle on wedding cards! This card is for 2 challenges. Each month, WishRAK has 3 challenges -one is always a sketch challenge and you need to use something received thru WishRAK. I haven't played in forevah, but now that I am a Dirty Dozen Alum, I have more time on my hands! This month's sketch challenge was to follow SC159 -easy peasy. This is also for this week's DDC challenge. Charlene (LilLuvsStampin) challenged us to Razzle Dazzle you all. Make a card using Dazzling Diamonds and some embossing in silver or gold.

I received the image from SU! To Have and To Hold thru WishRAK. I just LOVE the simple and elegant bride and groom from this set. For the dress (since I don't own the stamp), I traced the shape (against the window) onto a piece of white paper and cut it out. Then embossed it with the Swiss Dots folder, lightly sponged it with soft sky, applied Dazzling Diamonds to it and glued it down. The rest of the image is colored with copics.
The sentiment is from Verve's Flirty Phrases set and is embossed in silver. I punched it out with the word window punch and layered it onto a ribbon slider and flowers CB die cut. All layers are on dimensionals. The ribbon is SU! white grostrain and the bling is from Joanns.

If you haven't already done so, don't forget to enter for my super duper blog candy (thanks Heidi)! Enter on this post from Saturday. You have until Thursday to comment.


Card Deets:
Stamps: to have and to hold, flirty phrases
Paper: baja breeze, soft sky, baja breeze DSP
Ink: versamark, unknown black
Accessories: bling, SU white grosgrain, word window punch, cuttlebug ribbon slider and flowers diecuts, swiss dots, corner rounder, glitter, heat and stick


7 comments:

  1. So, so, so pretty!!! I love the combo of Soft Sky and Baja Breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, this is darling and elegant!!
    --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so beautiful! Love your brilliant idea with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Michelle! I love the soft colors!! You're a DD Alum already??? Wow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card , love the cuttlebugged dress !

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful wedding card Michelle, I love the bride's gown, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design and great colors! I love the texture and sparkle on the wedding gown!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.