The IC picture had very cute colors, so I ran with it. I used a combination of Cool Carribean, Wild Wasabi, and Barely Banana. The image and sentiment are from Verve's Petals and Stems set. I thought the sentiment is perfect for a mom of preschoolers -sometimes we forget to "take joy in the little things". I wanted something for the moms to welcome them to my group and have it non-halloween related!
Here are the steps I took to make the bags:
1. I precut all the pieces, the white pieces are 4" x 1 1/2" and the colored pieces are cut slightly larger for the frame.
2. I stamped the flowers and centers and punched them out with a 1 1/2" circle and used the SU! scalloped circle punch to layer them on.
3. I filled the bags with candy and folded down the top of the bag 2 times. This time I used some treat bags from Michael's, but I don't like them as much as the SU! bags. They are not as stiff and are a bit slippery to handle.
4. I then take the colored cardstock and staple it to the baggie, making it closed
5. I glued the top piece to cover up the staples from the front. Note you can see the staples from the back.
6 Add the finishing touches of the scalloped circle, stickles and punched flower and done!
Stamps - Petals and Stems
Paper - Wasabi, banana, white, cool carribean
Accessories - CANDY!, treat bags, circle punch, scalloped punch, stapler, stickles