Friday, August 15, 2008

Congrats to our newest Dirty Girls!

Yahoooo! It's the 15th and you know what that means... the reveal of the August SCS Fan Club gallery and the latest additions to the Dirty Dozen design team. A BIG HUGE congrats to my fellow Verve Diva, Amy Sheffer (PickleTree on SCS) and Cindy Lawerence (One Happy Stamper on SCS) on being the 2 newest Dirty Girls!!

This month's theme is All That Glitters and if I do say so myself, did we ever ROCK this theme! The gallery is full of glittery splendor. You should check it out and show your love to the girls. If you're not a Fan Club member yet, should be and it's really easy to join!!! Enjoying the Fan Club gallery is one of many great perks of the membership.

During the last minute rush to get the Glittery cards completed, I took a small break and made a NO layer, NO glitter, simple card using this week's SCS sketch challenge. BTW, I am not a big fan of this sketch, but that was half the fun!

This card uses Flourishes Spring Ephemerals (which I won from the Flourishes Members Forum!!!) and the sentiment is from Verve's Notes of Prayer. Let me tell you about Spring Ephemerals. It is a silhouette stamp. I don't own any of these and I have a hard time using them -which is why I chose this set! I am one of those stampers that likes the leaves green, flowers colored, etc -very literal. Silhouette stamps are designed to be all one color. So, what I did to get the 3 colors on this image was carefully inked the leaves in Olive, the blooms in Burgundy, and then took my Cocoa marker and colored/blended the stem part. I like how this turned out.






Card Deets:
Stamps – Spring Ephemerals, Notes of Prayer
Paper - Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Stella Ruby
Accessories - 5/8" chocolate organdy ribbon from Pinkhedgehog Papercrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.