Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What a challenge!


Today's sketch challenge was pretty tough. But, it is very pretty and worth all the effort! I used my current favorite set, Coffee with Friends by Flourishes. The designer paper is from my huge My Mind's Eye Everyday Tango pack. Such pretty colors. All the cardstock is from my Prisma paper pack in the colors of Black, Rose Light and Blush Red Medium. I let the yummy texture side show on all the panels.

I paper pieced both the mug and the saucer and split up the sentiment to fit on 3 panels. I love clear stamps, you can stamp them any way you want! I just carefully inked the words one panel at a time. I got a little "paper pierce happy", but once you do one panel, have to do them all!! It's hard to see in the picture, but I lightly stamped a flourish on each of the smaller panels in Regal Rose and the steam of the mug is lightly gone over with a Sakura Clear star pen.

Have a great Wednesday, and don't forget to scroll down and enter Blog Candy giveaway I have going on, you have 2 more days to enter!


Card Deets:
Stamps – Coffee with Friends
Accessories - paper piercer, dotted organdy, black brads, tag punch, Sakura clear star pen

6 comments:

  1. Oh - this card is GORGEOUS!!! Beautiful Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, wow!! This is awesome, you totally smashed this challenge!! Love all your detail touches!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... this is beautiful Michelle!! You did very well with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors on this and the ribbon on the corners - and the out of the box cutting of the saucer - nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.