Monday, June 16, 2008

My Two Hearts mojo and inspiration


One of my FAVORITE layout challenges every week is Julee's Mojo Monday sketch. This week I combined her sketch challenge (here) with her Verve Visual inspiration challenge. You can click on the amazing inspiration photo to view here.

I was inspired by the colors and the swirl pattern in the bedspread. I used my much loved Anniversary Birds set (LOVE their swirly tails) and decked them out with glitter! The 3 thin strips are stamped randomly with the Priceless small swirl and the banana panel is stamped with Aida Cloth. I also stamped the little wings with banana, popped them up and covered them and their tails in glitter. The image panel is also stamped with Aida Cloth in banana and edged in glitter. The brads in the center of the primas are dipped in versamark and embossed with kaleidoscope EP and then dipped in glitter and the primas are covered in Stardust Stickles! Glitter, glitter, glitter -see a pattern here? Super sparkly IRL.

Card deets:
Paper - black, red, banana, white
Stamps - anniversary birds by Verve Visual, priceless, aida cloth
Accessories - dew drops, glitter, rectangle nesties, red satin ribbon, primas, white brads and kaleidoscope EP

5 comments:

  1. the card is lovely, I LOVE YOUR BANNER! That quote is perfect! As a roses in winter lover - well, it's just a fabulous quote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl look at you! Oh I am so behind, so sorry. Your blog is fantastic! Congrats on DD! Congrats on FS! Congrats on blogging! You are one talented lady and I love your cards. I am thrilled to see a blog so now I can see your stuff every day or at least every time you blog! Woooo Hooo lots of CASEing going to be goin' on LOL! (with proper credit due of course :) OH and remember last year when I told you I bet you would be on the Dirty Dozen Team? Yeah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle! Love your new blog, you are so crazy talented, I'm so happy to have a place to see your work exclusively!! Can't wait to see what you posted in the DD gallery this month, I'm headed there next! I am a big fan, and once again -- welcome welcome to our Double Dare gang!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is just beautiful! Love the sparkle on the wings - every detail is perfect. Thanks for playing!

    So excited to see you blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.