Friday, June 23, 2023

For You 2 color wax seal floral card

 Hi everyone! I'm back today with another wax seal card using some new goodies from the Spellbinders Sealed for Summer collection. I attempted the 2 color wax technique and after a few attempts, I got a usable result. LOL! Kidding aside, this technique will take time to master.

How I did it:
1. I poured the first color (pastel lilac) directly on to the wax seal stamp and made sure to pour enough wax to fill all the design grooves
2. Then, while it is still hot I quickly scraped off the excess wax
3. When it completely cooled, I cleaned off the stamp making sure any excess wax pieces were removed, leaving only a clean design
4. Then I poured the second color (enchanted) on to my glass surface and placed the wax seal stamp into the second color.
I love the results of this technique! I got a few air bubbles and will have to work on it some more.
 

The For You wax seal stamp is part of the 3 pack of stamps and it is GORGEOUS. The grooves are deep enough that they really stand out in the wax and make the perfect template for the 2 color wax technique. All the beautiful flowers are from new Sealed Blooming Stems die set and I used the large bloom from the Be Bold Blooms die set. And what do you know - they are the same shape and nest perfectly!! LOVE!
 
Supplies used on this card:
 Wax Beads in Pastel Lilac and Enchanted
Spellbinders cardstock in White, Fern, Lilac Blossom and Purple Mist; Concord & 9th Parsley

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.