Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Gina K Designs November release

Hi everyone! Welcome to another Gina K Designs release! I have the pleasure to work with the super fun and versatile stamp set called Vertical Variety (and it has a corresponding die set). This set is designed by Debrah Warner and has 4 vertical images and just about every sentiment you could need for your everyday cards! There is a lot of good stuff released, be sure to check out everything! I have 2 cards to share, check out what I made.

First up is a card that has a water colored background. I don't play around with water colors much, but my friend Katie encouraged me to give it a try. I think the soft colors I used are a perfect backdrop for the shadow outline floral sprig.
 
After it dried, I laid it between 2 die cutting platforms overnight and that flattened out the paper. Then I stamped it about 3 times with Versafine Onyx to get that solid black impression. I added some Spectrum AB gems, a small piece of black and white paper and some twine and that was it.
 
 Next up is a clean and simple card that uses the other solid floral sprig and the Best Wishes sentiment. I stamped the image with Medium Spruce ink and then again in Light Orchid ink. I fussy cut the flowers and glued them over the green flowers. I trimmed the floral sprig and matted it on a white panel using the thin foam squares and tied a piece of twine around it. I like using the thin ones when I want a bit of separation, but not the full on popped up look.
I scored two lines at the bottom of the card base and then I stamped the sentiment (keeping my fingers crossed) in black ink. I then added some Spectrum AB gems for a bit of sparkle. See the small redish/pink accents on the flowers? I added a bit of pink pen to help break up the solid orchid color. Kinda fun!

Items used on my cards:
Pretty Excellent water color palette
Pink Staedtler fineliner

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment:

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.