Monday, October 31, 2022

Geometric Optical layering background birthday card

Hi everyone! This month Spellbinders released coordinating Glimmer background plates and layered stencils to color them in! I've borrowed a stencil set by Pinkfresh Studios that coordinate with stamp sets before, but I've never had stencils that coordinate with a glimmer background plate. So I was excited for the 3 new designs launched. The set I am using today is called Geometric Optical. Check out what I made.

Supplies used on this card:
Matte Silver foil cardstock
Distress Oxide inks in Saltwater Taffy, Abandoned Coral, Seedless Preserves
Cardstock colors: Pink Pirouette, Calypso Coral (SU); Autumn Rose (PTI); Fern (Spellbinders)

To make the background, I foiled the BG plate with Matte Silver foil and then stenciled in the Saltwater Taffy, Abandoned Coral and Seedless Preserves inks to stencils 1, 2 and 4. I wanted to keep the circles white, so I omitted the 3rd stencil. I love how these colors flow with the soft silver foiling!

I wanted to compliment the background, so I pulled out my beloved Be Bold Blooms die set and matched the cardstock to the inks I used. I chose a pre-printed birthday greeting for this card, but the design is generic enough to be used for many occasions. Oh and see the tiny silver accents around the flowers? Those are the little pieces of silver from the flower centers die cuts. Don't throw those away!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to an increase in SPAM I have set comments to be monitored. I apologize for any inconvenience.